Defensive Carry banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone steer me in the right direction?... I'm looking for a few "No Guns, No Money" cards to hand out.
I have to go on a trip from Florida to Ohio to South Carolina this weekend, and if I run across a posted business I would like to leave them with one.
I used to have some, but really I have had no need for them here in Florida. "No Weapons" signs in this state have no legal standing, thus I ignore them.
thanks,

·
Premium Member
25,483 Posts
Someone gave a link not too long ago - to a site with a file suitable for printing them out on Avery labels I think.

Maybe a search would help - otherwise hope someone remembers.

·
Registered
10,807 Posts
Is it just me or does the phrase "No Guns, No Money" seem to lack a certain pizzaz? To me it is not euphonious (it doesn't sound good). Might I suggest that the cards that everyone seems to want might in the future be called "No Guns, No Funds" cards? It says the same thing, but has a more memorable ring. The words don't appear on the cards anyway so it doesn't require any editing of the cards.

If this sounds silly to some of you just realize that I am a librarian, I have done editing professionally, I am a dedicated proof reader, my wife is a musician (so I am used to trying to find just the right word), I am a stickler for proper word usage and I am a curmudgeon.
:nono:

·
Registered
750 Posts
Curmudgeon? I was napping, did someone call me?

I don't get out much, but the only places I've seen signs that would make me want to leave one of the cards have been where I work (a hospital,) and the indoor range I go to.

To really have an effect, I'd think any establishment would have to receive a bunch of these cards. Personally, I don't see these businesses as "gun-free" zones, they're just "armed criminals ONLY" zones.

mm

·
Registered
1,656 Posts
Thanks for the cards guys. I will print some off and carry with me.
Mike

·
Registered
12 Posts
I've always thought about pushing legislation that mandates businesses open to the public that do not want armed patrons, and residing within states that have a CCW law, must facilitate storage facilities to those with CCW permits to check their weapons. The business would be responsible for said firearms while in storage and will supply the owner a receipt. The storage facility must also be manned by a qualified security guard. The business must also obtain several millions of dollars of liability insurance, and indicate an understanding of their responsibility to protect those patrons inside. I'm sure it could be worded differently. I'm also sure other stipulations can be added, that are within reason. Just a thought.

RLTW!
Rob

·
Registered
750 Posts
I know where you're coming from Rob, but I just can't see that one going through.

The same misguided liability nightmare that motivates those signs in the first place, would be the same argument against such a law.

Now then, if a business really cared about their "carrying customers," they'd either not post the signs, or possibly provided the lockers for your use, at your own risk. (Would you use them? I wouldn't.)

But all they really need do is simply remove the signs, or add those little words, "patrons with permits excepted."

mm

·
Registered
12 Posts
Hey MadMike

I hear ya about it not passing, but would be nice to at least see it in legislation.

RLTW!
Rob

·
Registered
11 Posts
Universal Carry

There is a bill, introduced by a Florida congressman (and co-sponsered by several others) that would mandate states recognize permits issued by other states, much as driver's licenses are now. Stuck in commitee I think

·
Registered
57 Posts
adamxii said:
There is a bill, introduced by a Florida congressman (and co-sponsered by several others) that would mandate states recognize permits issued by other states, much as driver's licenses are now. Stuck in commitee I think
Unfortunately, full faith and credit is NOT how drivers licenses from other states are recognised. Each state basically agreed with other states on how to share information. Check out this link for more info:
http://www.1800duilaws.com/common/dlc_nrvc.asp

1 - 16 of 16 Posts