Defensive Carry banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Administrator
143,592 Posts
Depends

It depends on if you want Stainless or carbon steel or Aluminum.
I think DMPS also makes receivers machined from Titanium. They are probably priced decently steep.

MSRP for a plain ol lower is right around $160.00 (I think)

You can get one from Impact for $109.
CLICK HERE

You might be able to do better than that if you're willing to shop around. Not much better though - I don't think.

·
Super Moderator
19,005 Posts

·
Registered
940 Posts
Street on a major-maker save Colt AR lower ranges from $90 to $145 depending on who did it generally. I buy based on finish match to the upper I want.

·
Registered
3,213 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks guys... I poked around a little bit and apparently the only time people have trouble with DPMS products is when they purchase a complete rifle or an upper, but the happy customers seem to greatly outweigh the unhappy ones.

That's all right because if I do this crazy project I'd most likely use this lower and a DPMS lower parts kit, and then whatever quality M4gery upper I come across at a reasonable price.

I'm going to go see if I can talk the seller down just a little bit.

Sigh, I really shouldn't start a project rifle.

But then again it looks like if you just follow the instructions on AR15.com and piece your own lower together, and then get a preassembled upper, you save some money and a lot of headache because the head spacing etc. is done for you.

·
Super Moderator
19,005 Posts
It's an easy build , fun too. Ya may run into a few snags, but AR15.com has lots of help / advice to get you thru. When in doubt , check before trying to make it fit.

·
Registered
749 Posts
Euc,

Model1sales.com has all kinds of parts kits, uppers and pretty much everything else you could want.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts