Defensive Carry banner

Dpx

2113 Views 13 Replies 13 Participants Last post by  Stephen A. Camp
I've been reading some pretty good reviews about CorBon's DPX round in penetration and expansion. Does anyone have personal experience with this round? I carry an XD-40 and a Kel Tec P3AT. I want the most I can get out of my BUG .380, but I'm also considering switching from GD's for my .40 too. What do you think?
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

· Registered
5,133 Posts
Personaly I think ammo selection is the least of the self defense equation , about any modern hp ammo is going to be fine

· Premium Member
2,408 Posts
I have been carrying DPX+P in my 45. It shoots straight. The only experience I have with it penetration is that last year I went on a wild boar hunt. After droping one with my rifle I still had to give it a little love tap with my 45. While dressing the boar the 45 fell out from the center of the boar with a perfect mushroom.

· Premium Member
25,596 Posts
Check Steve Camp's site http://www.highpowersandhandguns.com/ - and browse thru some of his very useful testing - several DPX tests are there now.

I am well impressed with them and may change eventually but for now my GD's are good.

· Registered
67 Posts
The DPX's are a good looking round. That hollow point is impressive. It's good to know if I'm stranded I can use them to hold water! They've got the largest cavity i've seen in a hollow point and that's what I've got loaded up right now in my carry rig. I use gold dots in my .32 and still have my backup mag loaded with them as well.

· Registered
222 Posts

· Registered
757 Posts
Corbon DPX and Speer GD in P-3AT...

From StoppingPower.net:

10% Ballistic Gelatin Tests for:
Corbon .380 80 gr DPX

Testing Platform:
Keltec 3AT

Barrier:
Bare Gelatin

TEST RESULTS:

Round # 1:
Penetration: 8.375”
Recovered Weight: 80.2 gr.
Expansion*: .714 cal.
Velocity: 914.7 fps

10% Ballistic Gelatin Tests for:
Corbon .380 80 gr DPX

Testing Platform:
Keltec 3AT

Barrier:
Four Layers of Denim

TEST RESULTS:

Round # 1:
Penetration: 6.75”
Recovered Weight: 80.8 gr.
Expansion*: .732 cal.
Velocity: 958.6 fps

* Expansion measured at widest point.

Keltec P-3AT (Clothing Barrier)
Speer .380 90 gr. Gold Dot
Pen 10.50” Exp .476

· Premium Member
8,015 Posts
I've done a lot of reading about different rounds and I decided to carry the Corbon 140gr DPX in my SIG .40's. :hand10:

However, as we all know, no matter what round you choose, ya gotta hit your target with it! :yup:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.