Defensive Carry banner
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Premium Member
41,555 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Extreme non-permissive environments.

There times I address large audiences in such places, where I also have to dress the part. I can only carry in one position along the belt line, so I absolutely have to dress around the gun in those circumstances. I will be at a five-hour event this weekend, once again dressing the part around the gun. This set-up is not only very effective at concealment and affording access to the gun, but also offers two levels of cover garment, even in warmer weather. If the coat comes off, the vest still works well.

This set-up includes my first generation S&W M&P9c, a Pitbull universal
Dress shirt Sleeve Waist Door Bow tie
Jeans Dress shirt Neck Sleeve Hat
Dress shirt Tie Neck Sleeve Gesture
mag carrier, and 17-round spare mag.

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
Very interesting, never even thought about a vest. How much does a fully buttoned up vest affect your draw.

·
Premium Member
41,555 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Very interesting, never even thought about a vest. How much does a fully buttoned up vest affect your draw.
I have to be a bit more mindful and deliberate with my drawing motions, but it still works out fine. My draw mechanics remain the same.

·
Registered
5,535 Posts
I wear cowboy boots with a J-frame tucked inside while attending special events, weddings etc.

·
Registered
10,758 Posts
Times like this a vest pistol like a baby browning or tph be great

Congratulations on being in shape enough to pull that off

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
Ain’t that the truth. I should buy a Taurus curve and carry horizontally to fit around my body curves

·
Registered
10,758 Posts
Ain’t that the truth. I should buy a Taurus curve and carry horizontally to fit around my body curves
Pocket carry is great if you have love handles ..Not that I uh know that first hand or anything

·
Premium Member
41,555 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
The only time I have to look presentable is at work. Thankfully they gave me a uniform and gun, so I am good to go.

Otherwise its flannel and jeans. My ex made me wear a button up shirt once. Never again.
Most days, I'm jeans and t-shirt. Most, but not all.

·
Premium Member
41,555 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Times like this a vest pistol like a baby browning or tph be great

My shape is such that this about the only way I can pull it off. Strong side chafes me terribly, and prints horribly. Conventional strong side appendix carry is out thanks to hernia surgery. Centerline/abdominal is all I have. The mission requires something larger than pocket carry.

·
Premium Member
41,555 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
That's impressive, Mike. Looking forward to the day when I can comfortably carry appendix. Soon, Lord willing. I never really thought about a vest as a cover garment. I've just 'sucked it up' and kept my jacket on (even when it got warm) while carrying in my shoulder rig.
My first few years of everyday carry, until I got the set-up worked out, I sucked it up a lot. Hot days, formal events, etc., things often became uncomfortable.

·
Registered
1,756 Posts
My first few years of everyday carry, until I got the set-up worked out, I sucked it up a lot. Hot days, formal events, etc., things often became uncomfortable.
Yeah, and there have been some really uncomfortable days for me, as well. If I am going to make the switch to AIWB anytime soon - I'm anticipating that by sometime this summer I'll be able to do so - I have some work to do on draw, so I need to get to work.

·
Premium Member
8,611 Posts
Extreme non-permissive environments.

There times I address large audiences in such places, where I also have to dress the part. I can only carry in one position along the belt line, so I absolutely have to dress around the gun in those circumstances. I will be at a five-hour event this weekend, once again dressing the part around the gun. This set-up is not only very effective at concealment and affording access to the gun, but also offers two levels of cover garment, even in warmer weather. If the coat comes off, the vest still works well.

This set-up includes my first generation S&W M&P9c, a Pitbull universal View attachment 378439 View attachment 378440 View attachment 378441 mag carrier, and 17-round spare mag.
Lord Mike, you became a preacher???

1 - 20 of 43 Posts