Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
OK, - CCW holder

CCW question in state of CA.

I have my gun with me, stop by my friend’s house and have two beers.

If I unload, gun and take the Magazine out and put it in back of truck. And lock the unloaded gun in the cab safe. Am I legal.

Lets not go into how many beers makes you intoxicated I am just trying to see in I am conceal carry while or after drinking? - or lets say my wife drives me home.

[Inserted by Moderator: See post 40 before replying]

·
Registered
581 Posts
If alcohol intake plays any role in your evening whatsoever you give up your right to CCW, IMHO.

·
Super Moderator
18,746 Posts
If alcohol intake plays any role in your evening whatsoever you give up your right to CCW, IMHO.
That's a sobering thought.

Drink and lose your legal right to carry protection. Not a difficult choice for me since I don't drink.

I'd never considered that states might have such a proviso in their concealed carry regulations.

·
Registered
261 Posts
Not sure about this...since you are NOT carrying AND your gun is locked up, I would say you are safe BUT I would NOT take the chance!!! Too much risk involved.

·
Registered
2,258 Posts
I'd say if you want to keep your ccw leave gun at home. Better yet you stay home and have friend over and have a brew, gun put away of course. Just my opinion..

·
Super Moderator
50,603 Posts
I'd say if you want to keep your ccw leave gun at home. Better yet you stay home and have friend over and have a brew, gun put away of course. Just my opinion..
If you have a brew or two at home, you put your gun(s) away?
Where do you live and where do you keep your gold stash?
What time do you plan on beer #1?:rofl::bier::rofl::bier:

·
Registered
1,708 Posts
I don't even have a drink with dinner since I started carrying. Just an adjustment I am willing to make. I will never be out of my house with a concealed pistol if I have had any alcohol.

Missouri Revised Statutes, Chapter 571, Section 571.107.1.(7).....Nothing in this subdivision authorizes any individual who has been issued a concealed carry endorsement to possess any firearm while intoxicated;

Intoxicated is not defined in the statutes. Therefore, you are at the mercy of the prosecutor. In fact, Missouri Attorney General Koster has a case before the Missouri Supreme Court on a fellow who was in his home intoxicated with a pistol near his person while passed out. The guy was in his home. There were plenty of actions this man could have been charged with and probably should have been charged with, but the AG is prosecuting the narrow issue of 'in possession of a firearm while intoxicated'.

Obviously an attempt by Koster to get inside our homes if we are intoxicated and have firearms. I hope this comes back to haunt Koster. It should, since at one time or another most of the folks around here have had a few drinks at home and almost everyone has weapons in the house.

·
Registered
471 Posts
Texas has a Zero tolerance policy. In other words, you better blow a 0.00 on your breathalyzer. :22a: To me, it would be much easier to pass on the beer until your home. My luck, the minute I locked my gun up is when the SHTF. :buttkick:

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
Going out to drink, I leave the gun at home. Drinking at home, stays on my hip.

·
Registered
66 Posts
NH doesn't care where you bring your gun, as long as its not a school.

That being said, If I have a beer with the guys after work, at a buddy's house or just kicking around, I do not disarm.

If I am going out to party or get rowdy, no gun. Theres probably still one in the truck though....

·
Registered
1,683 Posts
if im gonna have more than 1 beer it stays at home..for example if im going to the restaurant and have 1 beer with dinner no problem..if im gonna have more than that it stays home. And yes I can say while CCing ive never had more than 1.

·
Banned
1,890 Posts
It's the never ending 1911 vs Glock vs 9mm vs .45acp vs drinking and CCW thread.

·
Registered
199 Posts
if your gonna have to disarm anyway then why even take it with you seems like pretty easy answer to me

·
Registered
63 Posts
Texas has a Zero tolerance policy. In other words, you better blow a 0.00 on your breathalyzer. :22a: To me, it would be much easier to pass on the beer until your home. My luck, the minute I locked my gun up is when the SHTF. :buttkick:
Wrong. You can drink and carry in Texas but you better not fail a breathalyzer!

·
Premium Member
5,765 Posts
Wrong. You can drink and carry in Texas but you better not fail a breathalyzer!
Exactly, you must meet the intoxication standard set forth by the DWI statutes, to be intoxicated... as long as you're below .08 BAC you're good to go...

·
Registered
63 Posts
Exactly, you must meet the intoxication standard set forth by the DWI statutes, to be intoxicated... as long as you're below .08 BAC you're good to go...
That use to be one beer an hour to stay on the safe side but I don't know if that applies anymore or not.

·
Registered
148 Posts
I'm in PA. In this state, there is no statute prohibiting drinking and CC'ing. It is even legal to go to a bar and drink.
I myself always CC and I'm a very heavy daily drinker too. Although my drink of choice is coffee, of which I consume at least a pot a day..lol
Seriously though, if I were a person who wanted to have a drink other than coffee with dinner when I was out, then I would. I would never drink more than 1 glass of wine if that were the case, so I'm sure I would be well below the .08 BAC. Besides, I wouldn't ever drink and drive so that is a moot point as well.
Always stay safe, and if you are going to drink, then perhaps you should consider not carrying when you are going to consume more than you should.

·
Registered
434 Posts
In WI it is a criminal offense to be armed and intoxicated the exact charge is Endangering Safety By Use of a Dangerous Weapon.

·
Registered
1,075 Posts
In CO you can not be under the influence and armed. Most judges agree that is the same as DUI. I guess that would be CUI (CCW under the influence). In NV the limit is .1 BAC foe CCW and .08 for DUI. States vary greatly.

There are two ways to look at it. If you want to carry don't drink or it's better to have alcohol in your blood that formaldehyde. Better to be judged by 12 peers than carried by 6 friends.

I don't want to hear "Sir could you please step out of the car"? armed or not. So I rarely drink away from home if my wife drinks. Best advice is don't drink away from home, a car is 5.000 pound weapon!!!!

·
Registered
934 Posts
in GA its legal to drink(not at a resturant and bars are off limits) at a private residence your good to go...but you cant target shoot,hunt etc when drunk but you can shoot in self-defense(i assume this is so your home is broke into you can fire even after a few....)

1 - 20 of 60 Posts