Defensive Carry banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This morning I was getting ready to leave somewhat in a hurry. I placed the G30 in the Smartcarry holster which was sitting on my 5 ft. tall dresser as a standby to get all my tactical gear ready to go. The holster was on top of the dresser angled slightly business end up on some clothes when I put the pistol in it. Needless to say it slid out of course when I walked away falling about 5 ft. hitting the tile floor. No AD/ND today! (As if you were wondering!) The sound of this beast hitting the floor was so loud that my wife ran over asking if I was okay. I had no choice but to tell her the real reason why I was picking up pieces of broken tile. An AD never even crossed my mine. I first thought, "geeze brand new glock with scuffs, dents, missing coating!" This pistol is a freaking Tank! I can't believe it didn't leave a mark or even a slight trace that it fell. I am very impressed with Glocks! That Smartcarry material is slicker than it looks! I learned my lesson. Holster goes on first then pistol after! -------------------Anyone suggest a G30 holster that compensates for the gun's thickness? OWB or Shoulder type that you won't have to conceal with a trench coat in this sub-tropical climate? Thanks for any advise.

·
Registered
1,644 Posts
Welcome to the forum!

I am glad the saftey features that have been included in your pistol successfully worked.

Good for not trying to catch it falling - We had a thread maybe a month ago reminding us not to try to catch a falling gun. There was an incident where a shooter at the range caught a falling pistol, pulled the trigger, and shot himself. I can't seem to find it at the moment.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Welcome to the Forum and welcome to the world of Glock. :smile:

·
Registered
4,088 Posts
been there, done that, got the t-shirt.

·
Super Moderator
50,603 Posts
I have had a lot of different Fist IWB holsters, but during my recent adventures with OWB I have found this to be very tight to the body.:yup:
FIST, INC.

·
Premium Member
4,456 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Welcome to the forum. Gotta love those Glocks. I once watched a range instructor load the chamber on a Glock 19, grab the barrel and drive a nail into the wall with the slide. DON'T TRY THIS AT HOME!!! But, I was impressed. I have been in love with them ever since.

·
Registered
712 Posts
Glad the build in safety design worked! Glocks are tough

·
Registered
5,327 Posts
Go to the Forum Mega Holster Links page. Look at UBG, HBE, FIST, Desbiens, Milt Sparks, Pure Kustom, Etc. Thatll get you started and all are excellent leathe rmakers, that will get you a very concealable holster

·
Banned
888 Posts
welcome (i'm new too lol) :wave:

glad to hear no discharge from the drop! thank goodness for glock's effective safety...

·
Registered
396 Posts
Welcome.

I carry my G30 in a high quality IWB holster at 3:30 - 4:00 o'clock.
Loaded Glocks have been dropped off of five story buildings with no AD's.
Glocks are ran through some of the most rigged testing in the world to make sure the safety features work.

·
Registered
10,071 Posts
I've never dropped one (know on wood), but from what I have read the modern guns you are far better off letting them fall and never try to catch one. Most ADs from dropping guns apparently results from folks trying to catch them.

·
Banned
13,684 Posts
This morning I was getting ready to leave somewhat in a hurry. I placed the G30 in the Smartcarry holster which was sitting on my 5 ft. tall dresser as a standby to get all my tactical gear ready to go. The holster was on top of the dresser angled slightly business end up on some clothes when I put the pistol in it. Needless to say it slid out of course when I walked away falling about 5 ft. hitting the tile floor. No AD/ND today! (As if you were wondering!) The sound of this beast hitting the floor was so loud that my wife ran over asking if I was okay. I had no choice but to tell her the real reason why I was picking up pieces of broken tile. An AD never even crossed my mine. I first thought, "geeze brand new glock with scuffs, dents, missing coating!" This pistol is a freaking Tank! I can't believe it didn't leave a mark or even a slight trace that it fell. I am very impressed with Glocks! That Smartcarry material is slicker than it looks! I learned my lesson. Holster goes on first then pistol after! -------------------Anyone suggest a G30 holster that compensates for the gun's thickness? OWB or Shoulder type that you won't have to conceal with a trench coat in this sub-tropical climate? Thanks for any advise.
Well, lesson learned I'm sure. Surprised a falling Glock broke the tiles without blowing your head off? Priceless. If I don't seem too excited, that's because I'm not. Glocks take a trigger pull to discharge plain and simple. On a side note, you can probably fix the marring on your Glock and make it disappear like it never happened.
This pistol is a freaking Tank!
They all are....they were made that way.
All in all, I'm glad you shared this ordeal on the forum. Come to think of it, your tile repair will most likely cost as much as a new Glock when all is said and done. Feel good about it, and at least your wife still has a husband! Glock on!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts