Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Super Moderator
19,009 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yesterday getting in the truck. had the HK uSP folded in my coat as I was off the work on my girlfriends truck, I wasn't gonna be wearing it. Slipped and hit the blacktop. Dang! Picked it up and wiped it off. can't even see a mark on it. Nice to have a gun with a tough finish. :embarassed:

·
Registered
6,979 Posts
Yup.............those HKs are TOUGH GUNS........glad nuthin else happened to it...

·
Premium Member
25,483 Posts
Oh my - I hate dropping a gun anytime. Haven't done much of that but makes me wince just thinking about it!

Hate the sound of metal on concrete - that has to be about worst and have not tried it out yet - hopefully never! Doesn't matter how tough the gun.

·
Registered
6,868 Posts
My heart would have sank had the sound I heard was my gun hitting the deck....glad to hear your USP suffered no marks or dings....I'm sure the blacktop did not go away unscathed though. :)

·
Registered
502 Posts
You're luckier than me. My USP hit the pavement a few months ago and got a nice gouge on the very front of the frame and a nick on the top of the slide.

Oh well, it's for carry, not for looking pretty...

·
Registered
3,085 Posts
Glad to hear your HK came through that okay. I did the EXACT same thing with a stainless Anaconda once. Mine was still in the holster so the leather absorbed most of the impact. Nothing like feeling your stomach slamming into your socks as you reach for your gun is there? :eek:
Jack

·
Super Moderator
13,253 Posts
Hmmm, I dropped my Glock and dinged it, is that a problem or something? Oh wait - I see the problem - $650+ vs $460. Just kidding guys; don't forget I am very Signified and love H&K USPs, well and Glocks, XDs, Berettas, and 1911s.

Rocky,
Glad your H&K USP wasn't marred.

Others,
That hurts when a gun gets dinged; I guess it's like getting that first scratch on a new car or bike.

·
Registered
17,352 Posts
My Hk took a scratch from one of them junk kydex holsters.. Glock took a fall out of should holster muzzle first hard enough to unchamber the round no other marks to it nor damage to muzzle crown i think it shoots better than it did before

·
Registered
2,292 Posts
Been carrying my HK for 5 years 24/7 over 10K rounds still looks and shoots as good as the day I bought it.

·
Super Moderator
19,009 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
mine is a worn looking piece. between the holster wear and small scratch ,marks. I still like it , and it is reliable as all h_ _ _ _. It has been on camp trips year round , sleeping outdoors with me , kayaked, hiked, biked and just about everything else.

·
Super Moderator
22,194 Posts
Glad it wasn't worse Rocky.

·
Registered
3,085 Posts
I was trout fishing up on the Plateau several years ago - late March/early April, water maybe 50° and in hip boots. I came to a patch of mud in the creekbed and was working my way around it by holding onto roots sticking out of the bank. Had just enough time to think, "if this root breaks, I'm gonna..." and then - SNAP, Ker-SPLASH! backward into water. Ever try to swim with flooded hip boots? Had to drag myself up a 5 foot mud bank (with flooded boots!) while my best friend and his wife were trying to catch their breath and wiping tears :redface:. Had the Ruger under my fishing vest in a vertical Bianchi shoulder rig - made it through just fine but my hat was the only thing not completely soaked. They still bring that up every time we go fishing.

Could'a been worse, at least they didn't have a camera.
Jack

·
Registered
6,020 Posts
I haven't had a handgun hit the deck so far, but if my USP did, I know it'd be fine. Had an M16 clatter around on more than one occasion when I was in the infantry. OTOH, when I did my branch transfer into armor, I saw some poor Infantry Lieutenant drop HIS M16 on the floor of a maintenance shed....right before an M1A1 Abrams tank ran it over. I never really understood the concept of FLAT before that. You could have literally slid that rifle underneath a door in your average home. My buddy in another tank remarked that there was a prime example of why tankers refer to infantry as "CRUNCHIES" 'cause you can hear their gear crunch when run over. OTOH, a civilian or a "guerilla" is called a squishy because there's not much equipment to crunch. Instead they sort of squish out the rear of the tank in a red splurt. LOL It's been a looooong day.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I stripped a front sight off a Glock once. I called Glock and they sent me a new front sight for free.
Not three days later The same Glock came out of a Miami Classic Shoulder holster and smashed the new front sight. I had to call back, this time I bought three... you never know.
All my carry Glocks now have steel sights.

Thomas

·
Super Moderator
19,009 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
maclean3 said:
I was trout fishing up on the Plateau several years ago - late March/early April, water maybe 50° and in hip boots. I came to a patch of mud in the creekbed and was working my way around it by holding onto roots sticking out of the bank. Had just enough time to think, "if this root breaks, I'm gonna..." and then - SNAP, Ker-SPLASH! backward into water. Ever try to swim with flooded hip boots? Had to drag myself up a 5 foot mud bank (with flooded boots!) while my best friend and his wife were trying to catch their breath and wiping tears :redface:. Had the Ruger under my fishing vest in a vertical Bianchi shoulder rig - made it through just fine but my hat was the only thing not completely soaked. They still bring that up every time we go fishing.

Could'a been worse, at least they didn't have a camera.
Jack
For water and woodland adventures I use a lanyard for BH to keep my USP on me. I would hater to drop it in a 140' deep lake.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts