Defensive Carry banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,442 Posts
Interesting. I have to wonder about likelihood a gunshot survivor dying by infection from the scattered debris.

·
Registered
413 Posts
That would be serious trauma to the abdomen or chest. MY opinion is subject that received that round to the mid chest or upper abdomen would not survive. The trauma to liver, spleen, heart and major vessels would be significant in a center mass hit, not only from the physical damage of the round itself but from the sudden energy release in the first few inches. The large fragment that continued to penetrate would hold more than enough residual energy to penetrate or significantly affect bone.
Just my opinion on the effect of what I saw in the gel test, would like to see more testing on this.

·
Registered
378 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That would be serious trauma to the abdomen or chest. MY opinion is subject that received that round to the mid chest or upper abdomen would not survive. The trauma to liver, spleen, heart and major vessels would be significant in a center mass hit, not only from the physical damage of the round itself but from the sudden energy release in the first few inches. The large fragment that continued to penetrate would hold more than enough residual energy to penetrate or significantly affect bone.
Just my opinion on the effect of what I saw in the gel test, would like to see more testing on this.
Would love to do more testing on this 380 and also the 9, 40, and 45 in the future. Product availability is the biggest hurdle with too much other stuff to test being a secondary constraint. Field reports on the rifle bullets, using the same bullet construction technology, have been quite positive. Not a true apples to apples comparison, but it's better than no feedback at all.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts