Defensive Carry banner

41 - 44 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
314 Posts
An easy and cheap way to to dry fire with instant feedback.

When I was on the 8th Army pistol team we used this method for trigger control a lot. The only difference was we'd put the dot on a piece of white paper and then tape the paper to any wall. And, yes it does work! (We used it with our .45 and .38 match weapons, the pencil didn't fit down the barrel of a .22.)
Wow. I seriously had no idea that would ever work. I had no idea the firing pin could hit that hard!

·
Super Moderator
25,501 Posts
Wow. I seriously had no idea that would ever work. I had no idea the firing pin could hit that hard!
That and the pencil really isn't that heavy. Just make sure the pencil eraser is up against the bolt face to get the most consistent results. It really improves your game, especially if you are a "bullseye" shooter shooting 25 and 50 yard targets (one handed)! :image035:

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
iTarget - Shoot Your Gun In the House Someone mentioned this, looks like it might still be in development
mr.stuart ... I purchased my iTargetpro during the "pre-production" stage and received it about 3 weeks ago (purchased both the 9mm & .45acp laser cartridges). After attaching the target to the "sled", setting it up on the dining room table, downloading the iTargetpro app from the Apple store, measuring off 7 yards from the target, placing my iPhone in the sled, and centering up the target picture, I loaded my SR1911 with the laser cartridge and gave it a whirl. It worked exactly as advertised and made for a very enjoyable dryfire practice session (even has sound effects :rolleyes:).

The setup is pictured below along with one of the targets. When you finish shooting the round count of your choice with the touch of a button it automatically downloads a picture of the completed target to your iPhone (or Android) picture folder. I give it a thumbs up :danceban:

Additionally, I've integrated it into my drawing/point shooting exercises. While the actual drawing application (which will have an integral timer) and silhouette target insert are not available from the manufacturer yet, I made up my own target insert as shown below. I set the 8.5 x 11 target at the height that would cover from the bottom of the ribs to the neck on a 6' man. The target below is the result 25 single shots off of the draw with my CZ 2075 RAMI at approximately 6-7 yards (some distance variance as several draws were from angles and on the move). All shots were fired using point shooting technique.

While my goal is to keep all shots within the inner target, I had 4 flyers that were still at least "in the neighborhood" :wink:. Anyway, the big winner over the past three weeks has been my wallet and ammo supply as I have cut my live fire range time by roughly 50% :yup:.

41 - 44 of 44 Posts