Defensive Carry banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
862 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I saw on KTOG that you shouldnt dryfire the P3AT. But, is it bad to dry fire the sub 2000? Ive already did abit of dryfiring to lighten the trigger. The pin does not apear damaged or broken, shold I stop while Im ahead?

I always thought that modern firearms are O.K. to dry fire. Exept a rimfire ofcorse. It seems abit wierd that this gun should be any different. Why would that be?:confused:

·
Registered
606 Posts
Ask someone on ktog or call keltec themselves. They have great customer support and should be able to answer that no problem. In my opinion go to the range with a couple hundred rounds, that'll loosen it right up.

·
Registered
862 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Actualy, when I did the dry-firing the trigger loosened up nicely. I still have to feed a rew hundered rounds through it. Just to break-in the rest of the gun. I think Im going to do the break-in when I vuisit my home state. My local range membership is up, and non range members pay $10 per hour :eek:uch:

I just hope that the sights are ok. When I fold it, the barel is off to one side. Im hoping its not going to be a problem, cause the front post seems to be fine. Its more the barrel that isnt inline. When unfolded everything fits into place.

·
Registered
30 Posts
My poor mans MP5...

Dry firing is NOT recommended from the factory, BUT frankly has never casued mine any ill effects have close to 3k through her. In Glock .40 Config. , kydex Cheek Sleeve, Oversized Charging handle, Stock Ext., Foregrip Rail, Hogue Handall, Stream M6...Enjoy

LD

* if you call factory will send you a spare FP @ No cost most likely JUST in case sir :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts