Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
6,741 Posts
OK, for what it's worth, it's done. I don't believe the current Congressmen really care about our opinions, but I'm always willing to try.

·
Registered
17,352 Posts
Lets not turn this in to big bash of the Un posting these have not been alowwed and wont be allowed i dont care for the un either

But im telling no flame posts etc etc or this will go bye bye

·
Registered
6,868 Posts
I think the UN has outstanding potential........

.......each brick used to construct the UN can be used to build our new southern border wall.

:danceban:

·
Super Moderator
19,005 Posts
worth trying to get the U.S. outta the U.N.

·
Registered
835 Posts
No bashing here...

Don't think it's likely, but I fully support HB1146.

What, exactly, has the U.N. ever done for us?

·
Premium Member
25,483 Posts
What, exactly, has the U.N. ever done for us?
Well - if you mean like, anything useful?? ! Nothing I can recall :frown:

·
Super Moderator
18,099 Posts
What the heck BUD...?

If we cant bash the most ANTI AMERICAN, ANTI GUN organization in the world, then what the heck can we bash ?

Its no secret that the UN wants your guns, my guns and everybodys guns.

Do you think it to be coincident that the U.K.,Australia,Canada and the rest of the world all of a sudden banned private ownership of weapons all in the last decade ? ALL of it came from elected folks that put the wishes of the UN above the wishes of its own people.

Personally, I think that ANy elected politician here in the US that supports the UN should be guilty of treason.

I like srfls idea...

dismantle it one brick at a time and build a wall on our southern border. Now THAT idea has potential...:danceban: :banana: :danceban: :banana:

·
Premium Member
25,483 Posts
Did you read my post as I meant it HG? I poor attempt at satire - like what have they ever done for us? Zilch!! Quite the opposite, as per dangerous burden.

Oh I bash em OK and would subscribe to the brick's useage! :wink:

·
Super Moderator
18,099 Posts
no prob,P95...my post was in response to Bud's post of no "UN bashing"

Oh I bash em OK and would subscribe to the brick's useage
Sounds good to me...now all we gotta do is figure out how to start !

·
Premium Member
25,483 Posts
OK HG - I see now.

I think Bud was just giving a pre-emptive reminder in case flames took hold :wink: Beyond and excepting any major attacks and flames tho I do think we are pretty much all in agreement about the UN - it has become a dangerous burden and a threat to all that Americans (should) hold dear.

''Globalization'' is probably where the UN is the greatest threat - without them or any involvement, we can stand alone in strength - but with them I fear we are weakened over time - already even.

·
Registered
516 Posts
I used to agree that we needed to get out of the UN, but I'm not so sure now.

Its nice to have that veto on the security council ... we leave the UN and the chance of UN lead troops landing on our soil with blood in their eyes becomes a much greater posibility than if we maintain our position of power within the UN.

I would prefer to see Rep. Paul draft a bill that states that the no treaty or agreement with the UN or any other foreign power can be signed by the US government if it lessens the soverignty of the US or runs counter to the US Constitution.

·
Registered
17,352 Posts
chris pretty well hit what i have ment and we have had nasty posts on this subject before if irember right someone managed to get banned after repitive warnings so call my post preemptive strike

·
Registered
1,674 Posts
The UN goes against my personal spiritual beliefs and world view. It should be disbanded immediately. One world government is a very bad thing. :nono: If you don't believe me go look it up.

·
Registered
6,741 Posts
Zundfolge said:
I used to agree that we needed to get out of the UN, but I'm not so sure now.

Its nice to have that veto on the security council ... we leave the UN and the chance of UN lead troops landing on our soil with blood in their eyes becomes a much greater posibility than if we maintain our position of power within the UN.

I would prefer to see Rep. Paul draft a bill that states that the no treaty or agreement with the UN or any other foreign power can be signed by the US government if it lessens the soverignty of the US or runs counter to the US Constitution.
Not a bad thought. Use it like Korea and China did during the Korean War (pardon me-"police action").

The problem is we already have laws that say Congress can't pass legislation that runs counter to the Constitution- the Constitution itself says that. They've been ignoring some of those finer points for the past 150 years or so.

·
Registered
540 Posts
CopperKnight said:
Not a bad thought. Use it like Korea and China did during the Korean War (pardon me-"police action").

The problem is we already have laws that say Congress can't pass legislation that runs counter to the Constitution- the Constitution itself says that. They've been ignoring some of those finer points for the past 150 years or so.
Two things Copper.
First, when did a little thing like the Constitution stop congress from passing laws.
Second, yes look at what happened when the Soviet Union left, the UN got involved in Korea. Same could happen here.

·
Registered
6,741 Posts
dpesec said:
Two things Copper.
First, when did a little thing like the Constitution stop congress from passing laws.
Second, yes look at what happened when the Soviet Union left, the UN got involved in Korea. Same could happen here.
I think we are saying the same thing. Congress hasn't bothered living by the Constitution for a long time.

Just look at some the laws that exist. As I understand it, there are federal laws governing the size of holes in Swiss cheese and how much water a toilet can flush. Will someone please show me where it says in the Constitution that they can do that? And don't give me the "interstate commerce" clause BS. I have no doubt this is not what the designers had in mind when they allowed Congress to control interstate commerce.

The power-happy congressmen/women have their fingers in every aspect of people's lives. It's an abomination of the original intent.

:soapbox: :rant2:

Sorry, back to the thought...

I agree, nothing like our poor, abused Constitution is going to keep them from passing laws, so there isn't much point in making a lesser law saying they can't pass other laws that conflict with the highest law.:whacko: OK, I'm dizzy now.

And if we keep sending our troops halfway across the world (don't yell at me, I think Iraq is/was a worthy cause and we need to stay until it is finished), we won't have any at home if we need them here.

I better stop now before I rant any more. :embarassed:

·
Registered
138 Posts
I forget get what the bill number was but Ron Paul from TX tried to introduce a bill to get us out of the UN. See how far that got

·
Premium Member
20,045 Posts
Yeah, go ahead and bash them, I do. I absolutely despise them.

What Bud was referring to were those that subscribed to the UN conspiracy theory to the point I was expecting everyone to break out the tinfoil hats. We just don't get into the Trilateral Commisson, the Bilderbergers (sp?) and UN conspiracy here and I believe we finally banned someone a long time ago to stop it.

Resume your bashing :yup:

1 - 20 of 37 Posts