Defensive Carry banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,319 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After reading(and responding)to the thread about the Colt Series 80 for sale @$450....I broke mine out. My 2 Glocks(G19/G26) will be going in for a check-up(new springs etc)..soon so this was the time to break out some American Steel.

I had planned to make my G26 the summer carry and the OM or the 70 Gov't the winter EDC.
Well, my OM has all the mags (6 Wilson-Rogers), holsters etc and the Gov't is still a little large for Georgia winter wear.
All this OM talk made my decision easier. My mags are stoked with some CCI Lawman 200gr."Flying Ashtrays" JHPs,my Desantis belt holster w/thumbstrap is supported by a Wilderness Tactical Inst. Belt with a spare mag riding my left side in a Dillion Leather mag case.
Need another single mag case so I can run 2 spares instead of one.
All in all, I think I'm well strapped! When my son gets home, I'll see if he can take a couple photos!:smile:

·
Banned
123 Posts
+1 on the OM...:hand10:

·
Registered
260 Posts
I was the OP on the Colt Officers for $450. Brothers, I can see why there is a lot of love here. Man, it just point shoots perfectly. I mean, just like you are scolding a dog; simply point it and go! Yes, it is heavy - yes, those follow up shots just come in nice.
Maybe I need to start reading more about the effectiveness of the .45 caliber. I have been able to avoid all that discussion before since all I carried were 9MM. Then, I start thinking about having 7 rounds vs. 16 . . . . .

·
Premium Member
5,765 Posts
Those old OM's are some great shooting .45's... It's funny to think about it now, but when they first came out, everyone thought they were a really light weight .45 for off-duty carry...

·
Super Moderator
18,562 Posts
Hi gold40;

I've got one of those older Officer's Models too.

·
Registered
15,177 Posts
I gotta fix my buddys OM ,recoil spring cap failed and spring shot out at the gun range last friday,I found an aftermarket set that is stronger but needs fitted,apparently the colt OM had a problem with the flanges on the caps being too thin and breaking

1 - 8 of 8 Posts