Defensive Carry banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,762 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking at the system below, the price is right for me and the reviews are pretty good. Anyone have experience with system? I don't know that much about them so advice would be greatly appreciated! The system will be used in a sandwich shop so I need to be able to view from home or on the road.

Swann DVR16-4500 16 Channel 1080p Digital Video Recorder with 10 x PRO-T855 Cameras

https://www.amazon.com/Swann-DVR16-...01LYDZ4V6/ref=cm_cr_arp_d_product_top?ie=UTF8

·
Registered
362 Posts
I have a similar but POE system in my house by Swann and it works just fine. I would say for the price it actually works very well. The video captured is of good quality in most lighting conditions and I have never had any major issues.

·
Registered
1,762 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have a similar but POE system in my house by Swann and it works just fine. I would say for the price it actually works very well. The video captured is of good quality in most lighting conditions and I have never had any major issues.
Sorry... what is POE?

·
Banned
2,094 Posts
Its a matter of choice, but imo they are too big and easily spotted. You could use that and integrate them with a few hidden cams . Use the larger ones to "funnel" a perp to one that is undetectable. Because they'll deter some types of people and lure others imho. Have the DVR secured also.

·
Registered
1,762 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Its a matter of choice, but imo they are too big and easily spotted. You could use that and integrate them with a few hidden cams . Use the larger ones to "funnel" a perp to one that is undetectable. Because they'll deter some types of people and lure others imho. Have the DVR secured also.
Makes perfect sense... and years ago I would have agreed with you totally. However, the reality is in 12 years I've been robbed once (broken window after hours) but have had dozens of employees steal from me.

This system is primarily for watching employees.

Reactions: Doogie

·
Registered
4,676 Posts
I recently went with a Laview system similar to that, but with wifi cams so I don't have to drill big holes in a rental home. The only issue was one cam is too far for wifi so I ended up running cat5 anyway (fortunately also the easiest one to run cable with no issues). The cams I got have mini SD cards that record on their own, and the DVR can email motion detection files so there's multiple backups if the DVR is stolen or destroyed.

·
Banned
2,094 Posts
Makes perfect sense... and years ago I would have agreed with you totally. However, the reality is in 12 years I've been robbed once (broken window after hours) but have had dozens of employees steal from me.

This system is primarily for watching employees.
My bad, thought it was for your home. Give your employees a polygraph upon hiring if possible. That'll weed out the scummers. If they know the cameras there they'll find a blindspot to steal products. Unless there over registers and there pocketing cash. If you got multiple people using the same register , good luck that's impossible. Assign 'em each there own and hold them responsible for the cash they take in. Best of luck...

·
Registered
2,182 Posts
Sounds like the system my son had in Florida. He set his up where it had back up power and the DVR was hidden in a closet. When the guys broke into his house he could see them on his cell phone. What really got them running was that he kept one room locked that he used for his office and when they tried to open that door they thought that somebody was home and had locked themselves in that room. He got such good pictures of the guys that crime stoppers offered a reward. Wasn't long before the police got calls and they were arrested. His story was on the show---caught on camera.

·
Registered
1,762 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Sounds like the system my son had in Florida. He set his up where it had back up power and the DVR was hidden in a closet. When the guys broke into his house he could see them on his cell phone. What really got them running was that he kept one room locked that he used for his office and when they tried to open that door they thought that somebody was home and had locked themselves in that room. He got such good pictures of the guys that crime stoppers offered a reward. Wasn't long before the police got calls and they were arrested. His story was on the show---caught on camera.
Can you find out which system your son is using?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

1 - 10 of 10 Posts