Defensive Carry banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
489 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have a EAA Zastava EZ? I am interested in this gun but am put off by the fact that there isn't a wide variety of accessories and holsters for it. It LOOKS a lot like a Sig P229..... I wonder if they can use the same holster?

Anyone know of the compatability of this gun and any others?

Might be a fun CHEAP gun to have and to shoot and not worry about getting it scratched or beaten up.

If all you are going to say is spend a little more and get the Sig please save yourself the typing time. :redface:

·
Registered
425 Posts
They got rave reviews a few months back in Handgunner. I held one and it felt pretty good, but I didn't like the decocker/slide release. Its in a position that I would most likely ride when shooting.

·
Premium Member
24,508 Posts
I read a review on them when they first came on the market. Basically its a knock off on the CZ75 P-01. I'd spend a little extra and get the CZ, it's a proven reliable gun, by a company that is going to stand behind it.

·
Registered
286 Posts
Buy one for the sake of the blonde in the mag adds. We want her to continue her fine work on all our behalfs.:danceban:

·
Registered
307 Posts
I read a review on them when they first came on the market. Basically its a knock off on the CZ75 P-01. I'd spend a little extra and get the CZ, it's a proven reliable gun, by a company that is going to stand behind it.
It is nothing like a CZ. It does closely follow a Sig. I've shot one and thought it was probably a good deal for the money, if it held up over the long haul. Matt Mink (of the CZ shooting team), told me about getting beat in a match by a Serbian using one.

·
Registered
1 Posts
EAA Zastava 9mm

I purchased mine through Bud's Guns about a year ago for $300 with (2) 15 round mags and free shipping.

I have since put over a 1000 rounds through it, with out even a single jam. (Wally World ammo)

I absolutely love mine. IMO - It is built to last and is surprisingly accurate.

I would highly recommend anyone in the market for a full size 9mm take a serious look at the Zastava before buying anything else.

While the Sig maybe little more accurate I have lost track of how many jams I had at the range over the last year.

All I can say is if I hear someone breaking into my house, I'm reaching for the Zastava not the Sig.

·
Administrator
143,573 Posts
"I wonder if they can use the same holster?"

Can anybody answer the OPs holster question?

·
Registered
489 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I purchased mine through Bud's Guns about a year ago for $300 with (2) 15 round mags and free shipping.

I have since put over a 1000 rounds through it, with out even a single jam. (Wally World ammo)

I absolutely love mine. IMO - It is built to last and is surprisingly accurate.

I would highly recommend anyone in the market for a full size 9mm take a serious look at the Zastava before buying anything else.

While the Sig maybe little more accurate I have lost track of how many jams I had at the range over the last year.

All I can say is if I hear someone breaking into my house, I'm reaching for the Zastava not the Sig.
Sorry your P229 left a sour taste in your mouth. Mine has been 100%. Its an Elite model born in 2006 and eats anything I feed it.

The P229 has a great reputation for reliability. You should call Sig and see what they can do about it for you.

·
Registered
489 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
"I wonder if they can use the same holster?"

Can anybody answer the OPs holster question?
I took my Milt Sparks VMII (for the P229) to the LGS to try it out and it was way too loose for the Zastava.......So I answered my own question :embarassed:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts