Defensive Carry banner

41 - 43 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
The Razor will do as well as 'regular' earmuffs. They simply have microphones for better hearing with them on. The mikes automatically cut off when a loud noise is picked up, such as gunshots. You can also turn the power off and they will work fine as plain muffs. I often wear my Razors turned off.
Instructors such as txmoto encourage them in classes, so speech can be heard without taking off earpro. Since the mics switch off during gunfire, conversation is much more difficult during continuous fire.

When shooting indoors, I double up as well. Outside, single suffices; plugs in summer, muffs in winter. My ear canals are strange. I can't get foam plugs to seat properly, so I use soft
plastic.

·
Registered
38 Posts
You can find these anywhere.
I find the music option helps disturb invasive noises = better concentration on training, fewer distractions and perhaps ... better protection?
https://www.amazon.com/PROTEAR-Protection-Headphones-Electronic-Reduction/dp/B07FD5TFXL/ref=sr_1_2_sspa?dchild=1&keywords=shooting+ear+protection+radio&qid=1585918306&sr=8-2-spons&psc=1&spLa=ZW5jcnlwdGVkUXVhbGlmaWVyPUEzSTFFUDY2V1c0UUVBJmVuY3J5cHRlZElkPUEwNzMyMjcyMk1ORFhHUkU5SllKUCZlbmNyeXB0ZWRBZElkPUEwMjI4MzY2MzRVN0JKRFFXT0lRQSZ3aWRnZXROYW1lPXNwX2F0ZiZhY3Rpb249Y2xpY2tSZWRpcmVjdCZkb05vdExvZ0NsaWNrPXRydWU=

I replaced my original ones, they worked so well weekly.
Tips:
Carry backup batteries; it's easy to turn on/leave on when packing up
Pretune desired channels, not fun messing with dead/static channels while others blasting nearby; tweak the good reception channels later
Put your glasses on first

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #43
Thanks for all the help guys. I ended up getting the Howard Leight Impact Pro. These have a 30db NRR rating which is higher than most I have seen. These are very comfortable, adjustable and did a good job on the range. I love how I can hear range commands and talk to people without touching my muffs. The volume control is a great feature. I can also use it with my phone to stream music if I want. My ears had zero fatigue after 2.5 hours at the range.

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Tapatalk

41 - 43 of 43 Posts