Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
424 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I've been desperate for a new assisted opener, (a must have for me, since I broke the top thumb portion of my right hand), and decided it was time for a Benchmade.

Was checking out the new full sized Barrage at the Harrisburg show over the weekend. This thing is really fast! Much faster than my Kershaw Cyclone. Can't believe it's legal, that's how quick it snaps out with authority!

Before I had time to say I'll take it, Dad, (who always goes to shows with me), said he'd take it, looked at me and said "Merry Christmas"! Got a great deal on it, like 30% off list. Everything seems nice and solid, although I know it's still new.

My only disappointment in the knife is a plastic handle! This is a Benchmade for cryin' out loud, come on!

·
Registered
342 Posts
very nice!

I love benchmade knifes, and I have used these knifes before and I thought they were pretty nice.

I hope you enjoy it! And Merry Christmas!

·
Registered
493 Posts
That's a nice set-up you have there..

·
Registered
747 Posts
You could send it off to any number of the custom guys and they could get you a bangin' set of G10 or Micarta scales for that badboy. Probably set you up for full-on four-point carry and pinned construction for easier cleaning as well if you asked for it.

·
Super Moderator
50,610 Posts
I don't see a problem...:ticking:
Nice pair...both plastic handles.:yup::congrats:

·
Registered
2,569 Posts
I've never used the Barrage, but I love Benchmade knives. My EDC is the Kulgera (G10) and it is simply a great knife. The Axis lock is hands down my favorite type of lock on a knife. Mine isn't spring assisted, but I can easily open it just by flicking my wrist.

·
Registered
424 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
You could send it off to any number of the custom guys and they could get you a bangin' set of G10 or Micarta scales for that badboy. Probably set you up for full-on four-point carry and pinned construction for easier cleaning as well if you asked for it.
All new to me. Could you eloborate on which custom guys??

Ha! Both plastic handles, I never even realized! :embarassed:

I had a set of Hogues on the Sig, but I shot worse with them, believe it or not. :confused:

Thanks for the kind comments, guys!

·
Registered
62 Posts
Congratulations on an excellent Benchmade knife. I just recently got a boker Subclaw, a Blackhawk Be-Wharned (Amazing G10) and have a Crucible FX2 on the way for Christmas. Merry Early Christmas to all! :santaclaus:

·
Registered
878 Posts
I have one of those and I love it. That blade just snaps open....Bam !!! I dont think the handle is plastic. Not sure what it is but I doubt it is plastic, at least I never thought of it that way.

·
Registered
3,872 Posts
Very cool!

·
Registered
424 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks again for the compliments, gang!

The Sig is a 2 tone P229R model, (per my signature).

The Barrage comes in the plain edged blade as well as a black blade, (serrated or plain edge, also). There is a Mini-Barrage, too.

As far as my hand/thumb injury, I had an 18 wheeler make a left turn in front of me when I was on my motorcycle in '91. I went underneath the cab, (not the trailer, like you see in the movies). Also broke my leg in 2 places and had a nasty concussion in that wreck.

Yes there have been more. :embarassed: 5 or 6 I think. I quit counting a while ago.

Stay Safe!!

·
Registered
5,327 Posts
Those "plastic" grips on your knife are a very strong composite. I have a Benchmade I have been carrying for quite sometime with the same types grips, They will stand up to anything you throw at them. That being said, if youcan afford to have them custom modified go for it.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Thanks again for the compliments, gang!

The Sig is a 2 tone P229R model, (per my signature).

The Barrage comes in the plain edged blade as well as a black blade, (serrated or plain edge, also). There is a Mini-Barrage, too.

As far as my hand/thumb injury, I had an 18 wheeler make a left turn in front of me when I was on my motorcycle in '91. I went underneath the cab, (not the trailer, like you see in the movies). Also broke my leg in 2 places and had a nasty concussion in that wreck.

Yes there have been more. :embarassed: 5 or 6 I think. I quit counting a while ago.

Stay Safe!!

cool. i'm gonna get a plain, & full serrated .
maybe even a mini. i'll have to check that out.

as for the accident . anyone who hasn't been in an accident,just hasn't riden long enuf.all have minimum of one in a lifetime.
i don't watch movies,not even television.
always seen it as "wasting time". in my career i was on the scene of ten mtorcycle/semi wrecks.only two of which the bike went under the trailer. and you are fortunate to have suffered such minor injuries.
seven out of the ten were fatal.the others hurt
worse than you where.of coarse all where on the interstate. glad to hear your outcome was
manageable with time.

what does them knifes run anyway ?

·
Registered
424 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
The full size Barrage lists from Benchmade at $130, but I got it for almost 30% off. Best deals are usually found on eBay, believe it or not.

As far as the cycle fender benders go, I always say there are 2 kinds of riders,...those that have wrecked and those that are going to. Playing it smart by dressing for the fall, not the cool factor, (tank top/shorts/sneakers etc.), has saved me bigtime!! As well knowing how to keep my cool and applying the skills on 2 wheels that I have learned over the many years of riding.

·
Registered
598 Posts
Very nice. I have a full size Benchmade Torrent that I carry.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I got one of those in June and I've carried it every day since. I've beaten the crap out of it and used it for lots of things that I shouldn't have and it's still in perfect condition. Not a scratch or scrape or nick in the handle or blade. Congrats on the purchase!

·
Registered
20 Posts
went to my dealer today.
bought my brother Joab the serrated.
bought my brother Asahel the plain edge.
the knife wasn't my style.i prefer fixed blade.
got a good deal ,$39.95 ea..
hope the boys like them.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts