Defensive Carry banner
21 - 36 of 36 Posts
I have found the axis type of locks really simple to open and close with one hand and wile wearing gloves.

I found the action on the SOG brand of knifes to be alittle smother then the benchmade mades types.

My other half feels the same way about the blades as well

hope this helps

Discussion starter · #26 ·
Thanks guys.
She liked the utility knife idea, at least till she can find a longer blade she likes. The axis looks like a potential.
She just cares squat about knives, other than knowing she needs one. As for practicing to get the hang of one...never going to happen. If it does not do exactly as she wants, on the first try, she's out.
SO glad she was more reasonable with firearms!

Arko:

When (and if) she agrees to look at a "larger" blade, have her look at these, not because they are pink, but for what they represent, which is support for Breast Cancer research:

55X-PNK Details | Benchmade

A great knife with an Axis lock. Some other makers are doing the same, but that idea might excite her a bit.

Good luck.

+1 on the Benchmade's I absolutely love the knives and the company. Excellent customer service and a top of the line product. I have a D2 Benchmade Griptillian and I love it. It's tough holds a great edge. Easy to open one handed and it has a solid grip because of the textured finish. Good luck on the search :)

Discussion starter · #29 ·
Arko:

When (and if) she agrees to look at a "larger" blade, have her look at these, not because they are pink, but for what they represent, which is support for Breast Cancer research:

55X-PNK Details | Benchmade

A great knife with an Axis lock. Some other makers are doing the same, but that idea might excite her a bit.

Good luck.
One just might end up in the stocking.

+1 on the Benchmade's I absolutely love the knives and the company. Excellent customer service and a top of the line product. I have a D2 Benchmade Griptillian and I love it. It's tough holds a great edge. Easy to open one handed and it has a solid grip because of the textured finish. Good luck on the search :)

I would recommend the CRKT M16-13SF...they are fast and easy to deploy with one finger due to the two Carson Flippers that make a good hilt and its easy to close with one hand...the blade size is over 3 and half inches perfect for a defensive Knife...they run about $60.00...best knife I ever owned

Arko:

I read somewhere that when a woman tells her man about a problem, she doesn't really want him to solve her problem, she is just wanting him to listen to her talk about it and be supportive of her. We men are wired differently of course, being problem-solving goal-oriented, instead of female "wants" oriented. Try just listening to your wife talk about her problem instead of trying to solve her problem, and see what happens. Now, if she reads this post, and thinks this is ridiculous, please let me know--this isn't my idea, it's just something I read somewhere.

when a woman tells her man about a problem, she doesn't really want him to solve her problem, she is just wanting him to listen to her talk about it and be supportive of her
Gosh darnit that is sooooo true..............A man needs to tread carefully in those woods.......

21 - 36 of 36 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.