Defensive Carry banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
These things are expensive and if im going to buy one, i want it to be able to work on all my handguns. Any good ones that will do the job(s)?

·
Registered
12 Posts
On the S & W forum, they like the Jennings Machine and Tool. It does look rugged and well thought out.

·
Registered
3,050 Posts
Ok, "easy to use" and "universal" are somewhat mutually exclusive....

I use a BJ Machine P500 Universal Tool, I posted a review of it here:

http://www.defensivecarry.com/forum/related-gear-equipment/223166-new-gizmo-b-j-machine-p500-sight-tool-goodbye-hammer-brass-punch.html

Since buying it I've done about 20 pistols:

S&W M&P
Walther PPQ
Glock 17s
Glock 42
Glock 43
H&K P2000
HK P30
Glock 19
1911s
S&W Shield
Springfield XD
Spanish “Buffalo” .32

Zero issues...but it does take a few minutes to set up for a particular pistol. Once it's set up and the sights installed, I leave it set up until I zero the pistol, which due to my backyard range only takes a few minutes anyway. It's expensive at just under $400, but I haven't had to buy any additional shoes etc.

Chuck

·
Registered
3,050 Posts
Easiest/cheapest. Brass punch and hammer. Never let me down.
I'll admit it's the cheapest.....but having used the hammer punch on a couple of my M&Ps I'm not buying the "easiest". The S&W guys put those sights on like they mean it....Also a sight pusher makes it much, much easier to make small incremental changes when sighting in. Try as I might, I always seemed to either not "whack enough" or "whack to hard" when adjusting with a brass punch. Sight pusher I can actually calculate based on screw pitch and required sight movement.

Chuck

·
Registered
6,210 Posts
I have always used a large vise and a socket to receive the old sight. This method you must have two people, One to hold the gun and another to crank the vise. But I have yet to find a sight that I couldn't push, And I have good control of how far I'm moving it! DR

1 - 8 of 8 Posts