Defensive Carry banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'd like to try a Crossbreed Appendix however I'm wanting to drop the money or wait two months. Has anyone tried the hybrid holsters on eBay? I'd be out $33 bucks.

However I'm a Crossbreed fan boy, what would be concerns about buying a cheapo?

In God and Glock we Trust

·
Registered
407 Posts
Depending on your gun there are some other hybrid holsters out there that have better customer service and likely a better product than a cheapo ebay knock off. Personally I would look at crossbreed seconds or like ozark holsters.

·
Registered
407 Posts
I don't have any experience with the ebay holsters, but I do have a crossbreed and it is an excellent holster.

·
Registered
29 Posts
In my opinion/experience, the difference between Crossbreed and the knockoffs lies in the attention that Crossbreed pays to details. Knock-offs may require some heat treatments to provide retention that Crossbreed has from the start, and bgusty said, Crossbreed (and their name-brand competitors) offer top-of-the-line customer service. Pretty sure the ebay-ers won't give a lifetime belt clip replacement for $33 ;)

·
Registered
1,109 Posts
I bought one off e-bay for my 1911 . Wasn't very thick leather , didn't care for it . Cost was ok, $33.00 . I ended up buying one from Crossbreed . Super tuck deluxe . What a difference in quality , I will only buy from them . Have one for my SR40C also . To me worth the extra cost .

·
Banned
2,268 Posts
There are some fine holster makers that use ebay to sell as well as Amazon. I buy from the same few holster makers and get great holsters in popular styles. Just look at feedback and reviews before you buy. After spending over $100 per holster on guns that sometimes were traded or sold before the holster could be made, I started buying my holsters on ebay and Amazon. Funny thing was that I liked them better. They were more comfortable and had the same kind of stitching as far as I can tell. If you are not looking for carved or exotic skin holsters that require the touch of a master there are plenty of guys out there that can cut leather, mold it and sew it together for you at much cheaper prices than you pay elsewhere.

I am sure that a big name expensive holster will last longer than my $40 ones but know what? I do not keep my guns long enough to wear down their holsters. Like shoes, I only need a pair that will last me until I get tired of them. I have some holsters that are copies of really expensive ones and the way I figure it, I can buy 3-4 of the cheaper ones for the same cost of one expensive one. So if you have to replace it once or twice over your lifetime you still come out ahead.

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I'll hold off and see if it find one on Crossbreed seconds. Or just buy one because if I don't like it it can send it back.

·
Premium Member
5,611 Posts
you get what you pay for .... ALWAYS!!!

Reactions: Rock and Glock

·
Premium Member
5,088 Posts
1) Get what you pay for
2) Support the entrepreneur that came up with the idea
3) You get a trial period when you can send it back if you don't like it.

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Yep, checked off the cheapo. They said they have a two week return policy.
But like I said I love Crossbreed.

·
Registered
706 Posts
If you are looking for a cheaper but high quality alternative try Old Faithful holsters. I got one and the quality is great. I did modify the holster to fit me more comfortably but the quality is good. Plus they have a money back guarantee. So you don't have anything to loose.

·
Banned
2,647 Posts
I have a Crossbreed Super Tuck, and I also have a very similar Galco King Tuk, both are well made, make carrying a pleasure. Back in the day I waited 5 to 6 weeks for the CB, but bought the Galco off the shelf at the local Gander Mountain for about $15 cheaper. If it is a replacement holster, fine, the wait is nothing, but when I buy a new gun I want the holster when I walk out the gunshops door. OpticPlanet sells the Galco King Tuk for $56 with free 5-10 day shipping or pay $12 and get it in 3-5 days

·
Registered
3,426 Posts
OWB? Sounds like mine. My price at least. I go by chiefjason50 there. Sometimes cheap is a guy in the garage that does not have to pay employees, rent, and advertising and passes that savings on to the customer. Jus sayin. Been doing it over a year and had less than a dozen returns total, probably closer to half that.

·
Registered
36,326 Posts
hybrid holsters on eBay? I'd be out $33 bucks ... what would be concerns about buying a cheapo?
Possible risks:

• Lack of product quality.
  • Realization that a slab of backing and something to hold a gun doesn't equate to a good solution, necessarily (depending on the product).
  • Lack of customer service.

Hard to know with a company and product you've never heard of. But then, it's "only" $33 and your time to find out. Go for it, if it seems the value you're looking for.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts