Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK, this decision has been driving me crazy. Which of these two would want for your CCW and why? I'm leaning toward EB, because its slightly less $$. But I'm hearing NHC service is much better.

Thanks

·
Registered
7 Posts
Can't help with your decision, but have you considered a Fusion? I've been kicking around having them build me one. A little less $ and the reviews I've seen are almost all positive.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Well, if money was no object I would get the Nighthawk Custom. I have one of the first Talons and it is deadly accurate.

That said, I would love the Kobra Carry!

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
Ed Brown!!!!!!! Been lusting after one for years.

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
I have one of each, only difference is the EB is stainless, the Talon is Diamond Black. They shoot wonderfully...but for some reason I have a soft spot for NHCs...that's the one I ususally carry.

·
Registered
6,865 Posts
I know that some will laugh when hearing this, but the Lady Hawk in .45 ACP is a dream …. a very expensive one.

·
Registered
4,244 Posts
I've been extremely happy with my Kobra Carry for years now.

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
You guys aren't making this decision any easier. :smilez: Thanks so far for the replies.

·
Registered
3,178 Posts
If they're both bobtailed, I'd go with Ed Brown. If you notice, the bobtail has no "corner" like the Nighthawk, it's slightly more rounded or beveled...

Either would be a very nice choice. I like the Ed Brown Special Forces Carry in stainless. Very classy and beautiful. I would like one with a high-cut front strap which I think they'll do for an additional cost.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Well, at the risk of being thrown overboard... How about a DW CBOB? I would argue that they are the functional equal of the EB, at about half the price. The fit and finish is not as nice as the KC, but CC pieces tend to get dinged up so the nicer finish may be a liability.

BTW: I don't have first-hand experience, but I hear that EB customer service leaves much to be desired.

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
If they're both bobtailed, I'd go with Ed Brown. If you notice, the bobtail has no "corner" like the Nighthawk, it's slightly more rounded or beveled...

Either would be a very nice choice. I like the Ed Brown Special Forces Carry in stainless. Very classy and beautiful. I would like one with a high-cut front strap which I think they'll do for an additional cost.
Thanks, I never noticed the difference in the bobtail between the two. I need to look into that.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I agree the DW CBOB. Has alot of Ed Brown parts, really good customer service, Half the money. Very tight pistol, one of the best kept secrets on the market.

·
Super Moderator
50,611 Posts
I have always kept an Ed Brown Kobra Carry in the back of my mind...a 1911 with a great reputation and high price...if you can afford one, I'd jump on it.:danceban::yup::wave:

·
Registered
29 Posts
Ed Brown Kobra Carry

Ed Brown Kobra Carry, the finest 1911 every made.

·
Registered
2,319 Posts
Choices..oh those choices! Like deciding whether to take the Escalade or Navigator to the supermarket!! Good Luck brother!:smile:

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have an EB Special Forces Carry. I looked at the Nighthawk, but chose EB mostly because of price. I am very happy with my decision, as the gun is as tightly fitted as possible without being difficult to operate. It shoots so well, it is disappointing to shoot anything else I have.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts