Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a stainless Ed Brown Kobra Carry about a month ago, and after putting about a thousand rounds through it, can only smile.

It has had absolutely no failures of any kind, and is just a pure joy to shoot.

Just for grins today at the range, I was hitting six inch metal plates at 50 yards off-hand at slow controlled fire rates about 5 out of 7 rounds.

Not bad for a commander length barrel.

I'm looking forward to spring and maybe a trip to GunSite. I've always wanted to get some professional handgun training, and I now know what I'll be bringing with me...

-dave

·
Premium Member
25,483 Posts
Yep - indeed as Bud says!!!

Dgoad - welcome to CC - and that sounds like a very clean record - from a nice piece.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well, if I must...

Here is a couple of photos from my 1st trip to the range.

This was also slow controlled fire off-hand @15 yards.

The grips are AlumaGrips.

-dave

·
Banned
1,550 Posts
First off, Welcome. Secondly, how do you like that bobtailed frame? How do you carry and at what posistion? Does the bobtail cut the handle print down somewhat?

·
Registered
1,843 Posts
Don't own one but am great at some sorrowful beggin' and have borrowed one at the range. They seem to shoot well for me. They are extremely purdy especially with carbon buildup around the muzz.(see pic.) ?'s : same as above ref. bobtail;what kind of mags do you use; no lowered eject.port?? I thought all EB's had 'em;what brand of night sights do the weapons(your weapon) come with. Again sir,surly a weapon to be proud of.------ Forgot,---welcome to the forum.------

·
Super Moderator
22,003 Posts
RSSZ,

I believe it is the angle of the photo, they are lowered and beveled ejection ports.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks for the warm welcome, folks.

So far I only have a few Wilson 47Ds and the Ed Brown (Chip McCormick?) mags, but plan on getting a few Chip McCormick 8 round powermags, but would like to hear recommendations from you all.

I carry at about 4:30 in a Milt Sparks Versa Max 2 IWB. I really like the bob tail frame, it just fits my hand very naturally, and it does cut down on the print a bit as well. I've found that just wearing one of Duluth's (www.duluthtrading.com) long tail t-shirt (dark color) will work in a pinch.

The sights are Novak 3 dot night sites. Great sites but at night I have a problem with them because I'm right handed, but left eye dominant. I've been trying to train myself to pick out the right sight picture with both eyes open, but at night this is difficult for me.

The ejection port is lowered a bit.

I was lucky enough to be able to pick this up at Ed Brown's factory in Perry Missouri. Ed was very gracious and gave me a tour of the factory.

So far, nothing but good memories an experiences with this one.

·
Registered
868 Posts
Nice pictures and great gun, congrats on having such a fine shooter.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Bruces45,

Ed requested I not post pictures showing his manufacturing facility due to competetive issues, but I think this one showing how the frames begin life doesn't fit that category.

I believe that Ed Brown makes darn near everything on the pistols except for the sights, magazines, and grip panels. He starts with the forged frames as shown below.

·
Premium Member
20,045 Posts
That IS one good looking gun and I have heard nothing but good about them. I'm sure you are going to enjoy it. :smile:

·
Registered
17,352 Posts
Ive had CMC mags and they work or say i have them funny they will run in my springfield but not my uncles excat copy of mine .. Seems more hit and miss with cmc

·
Administrator
143,591 Posts
Congrats on your great pistol

Brown makes some great pistol parts.
BTW:
That is SUCH A NEAT PHOTO of that whole pile of doggone pistol frames! :eek:

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Yeah, I would have loved to brought one of them home for a paperweight, but didn't think to ask...

1 - 20 of 21 Posts