Defensive Carry banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I'm still trying to find that perfect carry 1911. I'm now considering the Massad Ayoob Signature Edition. The only thing I didn't care for was his signature on the right side of the slide. It just looks too lengthy and over the top to me. Well, I found out it can be ordered without the signature. I do like the other options though. If I add up the g10 grips ($65) and his book ($20), both of which I like, its actually less expensive then the standard EC. I also don't mind the 4.5lb trigger and heavy duty FP Spring in a defensive carry gun. I'm coming from the 5.5lb trigger of a Glock anyway.

Anyone out there own or is familiar with this special edition Executive Carry?

Thanks

http://www.edbrown.com/cgi-bin/htmlos.cgi/004021.1.952904981453919112

·
Registered
241 Posts
Whoah! I was hypnotized by that video and, and somehow, now, I feel I must get an Ed Brown.

I notice they use Solidworks. Machine tech wise, they have really good stuff, too.

Cool vid!

·
Administrator
144,123 Posts
I saw the Massad Ayoob edition in the Ed Brown brochure that arrived at my front door the other day.

It's an absolutely superlative firearm but, so were all of the other ones shown in there. :biggrin2:

·
Super Moderator
50,609 Posts
They scream quality...I want one, too!:yup:

·
Registered
84 Posts
Perfect Carry Pistol...

Check out this pistol...

ANNOUNCEMENT: Rankin Arms is pleased to introduce the new Wilson Combat model called RDP. This is an exclusive model available only through us. It is the ultimate carry pistol that is equally at home on the range. This is a feature loaded pistol at a reduced price. Compare the features...there are more standard features on this pistol than on the Supergrade! Here are the specs on the gun:

Full size frame with bobtail or Speed Chute, customer's choice, (round butt is also available at reduced cost)
Four inch bull barrel
G10 grips unique to the RDP
Beveled frame & shortened slide stop
Serrations on top of the slide
Serrations on rear of the slide
U-notch rear sight with serrations & Tritium inserts
All black Armor-Tuff finish
Trigger set at 3.5 pounds
Two black oxide 47DCB 8 round magazines
Gun ships with two take down systems
Deep reverse crown on barrel
All bulletproof parts package
An ambidextrous safety is available as an option
Also available in 9mm & .38 Super as an option

This pistol is designed with RELIABILITY as the main priority. In addition, it features many cosmetic touches that will make it a true joy to behold & handle as well. Standard features surpass even those of the Supergrade at a greatly reduced price! This pistol is a superb value at only $3100 in .45ACP, including shipping & insurance drop shipped to your FFL.

Joe Rankin - Clay and Wings - Level III Shooting Instructor

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Check out this pistol...

ANNOUNCEMENT: Rankin Arms is pleased to introduce the new Wilson Combat model called RDP. This is an exclusive model available only through us. It is the ultimate carry pistol that is equally at home on the range. This is a feature loaded pistol at a reduced price. Compare the features...there are more standard features on this pistol than on the Supergrade! Here are the specs on the gun:

Full size frame with bobtail or Speed Chute, customer's choice, (round butt is also available at reduced cost)
Four inch bull barrel
G10 grips unique to the RDP
Beveled frame & shortened slide stop
Serrations on top of the slide
Serrations on rear of the slide
U-notch rear sight with serrations & Tritium inserts
All black Armor-Tuff finish
Trigger set at 3.5 pounds
Two black oxide 47DCB 8 round magazines
Gun ships with two take down systems
Deep reverse crown on barrel
All bulletproof parts package
An ambidextrous safety is available as an option
Also available in 9mm & .38 Super as an option

This pistol is designed with RELIABILITY as the main priority. In addition, it features many cosmetic touches that will make it a true joy to behold & handle as well. Standard features surpass even those of the Supergrade at a greatly reduced price! This pistol is a superb value at only $3100 in .45ACP, including shipping & insurance drop shipped to your FFL.

Joe Rankin - Clay and Wings - Level III Shooting Instructor
Thanks Joe, looks like an awesome gun. PM sent

·
Registered
6,866 Posts
Such a beauties! If I had one I do not know if I should dare to carry it; they are almost too beautiful to even touch them!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts