Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 65 Posts

·
Registered
3,431 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Generally I keep things pretty simple. I carry a gun, 1 reload, small AA flashlight, folding knife, small multi tool, ink pen, cell phone, and wallet. I just ordered this Micro Pocket Organizer to help organize some of this and plan on adding a couple other items. (chap stick, bic lighter, and a couple band aides). What do you guys carry. This is not a BOB this will be something that will slip into my left front pocket and actually be carried on body. What do yall guys cram in your pockets?

·
Registered
12,686 Posts
Sounds like a Galco Belly Band may be in order. They've got pockets most the way around. With the gear you're packin', think of it as a covert...(Batman) utility belt. :biggrin2:

I always keep my (retained) attorney's business card on me, just in case they confiscate my cell phone.

·
Registered
3,431 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It's just to hot in Texas for a girdle. lol
Sounds like a Galco Belly Band may be in order. They've got pockets most the way around. With the gear you're packin', think of it as a covert...(Batman) utility belt. :biggrin2:

I always keep my (retained) attorney's business card on me, just in case they confiscate my cell phone.

·
Registered
16,094 Posts
That's a nifty little bag. I'm not sure it would work in my pockets.

I try to keep as little in my pockets as possible. Cell phone and change in one front pants pocket, chip key fob (or whatever it's called) in the other front pocket along with a folder, wallet one back pocket and nothing in the other. I do wear a carabiner on a belt loop with my most used keys and a good Olight flashlight.

I have a couple more items in my Jeep for when I'm out and about. Some in the glovebox, some in the console, some in the other storage thingy... that little bag would consolidate things nicely.

·
Registered
808 Posts
I have a Bill's Urban Wallet in my right front pocket. It carries my Leatherman Crunch, Bic lighter, Inova Xp, a few credit cards and pictures, my Mellow Mango card, a small pencil, and a small roll of duct tape. I think there is a small sewing kit I received free from a hotel/motel in there also. I forget what else.

·
Registered
3,431 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
That's what I was thinking. The little bag is cheap too. I normally have pleated slacks on at work and I'm a pretty big guy so I have lots of front pocket room. The pleats really help break up the outline of my gun in the other pocket. I only belt carry on the weekends or after work.
That's a nifty little bag. I'm not sure it would work in my pockets.

I try to keep as little in my pockets as possible. Cell phone and change in one front pants pocket, chip key fob (or whatever it's called) in the other front pocket along with a folder, wallet one back pocket and nothing in the other. I do wear a carabiner on a belt loop with my most used keys and a good Olight flashlight.

I have a couple more items in my Jeep for when I'm out and about. Some in the glovebox, some in the console, some in the other storage thingy... that little bag would consolidate things nicely.

·
Registered
12,686 Posts
Pockets do get filled-up don't they? If men carried purses, we'd need two! It's kinda' like garages, it doesn't matter how many or how big I build 'em, I've STILL got nice stuff...outside. :blink:

·
Registered
20,049 Posts
Small multi tool in the right front, flashlight in the left front, g26 aiwb, and wallet in back right pocket.

The old truck don't need a key to start, and the house key stays in the truck.

·
Super Moderator
19,880 Posts
We geeky engineer types have been dealing with the EDC junk organization for eons. This is a plain vanilla one, but mine had an ink pen, a 0.5mm mechanical pencil,a red pencil for marking up drawings, a steel scale ("ruler" to non-technical types), a fat magic marker, a compact slide rule, and a single AAA-battery pen light. And it all fit in a shirt pocket.

Attachments

·
Registered
1 Posts
GLOCK 19 mos. extra mag, 2 right in the rain pens that can also manipulate phone, Spyderco Salt knife, Leatherman Multitool the light one with high speed piece of useless carbon fiber on it, single car key/remote, and a titanium vial with my prescription drugs and gun lock keys.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
10,306 Posts
My morning checklist/mantra: gun-knife-ammo-flashlight-pepperspray-wallet-keys-phone.

Reactions: OD* and HoustonB77

·
Registered
129 Posts
Kahr CM9, extra magazine and Streamlight 1L/1AA in a homemade pouch, SAK Rambler, Space Pen, wallet and some flavor of 3-4" folder, probably Kershaw.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,107 Posts
I carry a pistol with an extra magazine. Pocket knife and a flashlight. But my most used and critical piece of EDC is chap stick. Burts Bees specifically.

·
Registered
1,869 Posts
I stay just this side of needing suspenders to keep my pants up.
Pistol, 1 spare mag, 1 folding knife, wallet, phone. And that is pushing the limit
of defying gravity.

1 - 20 of 65 Posts