Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is your EDC flashlight? I'm looking for recommendations. So far I've looked at the Streamlight Stylus Pro and 5.11 TMT PLX. I want something that I can carry with me but also use at home.

·
Registered
24 Posts
What is your EDC flashlight? I'm looking for recommendations. So far I've looked at the Streamlight Stylus Pro and 5.11 TMT PLX. I want something that I can carry with me but also use at home.
I have a Streamlight stylus pro and I absolutely love it. I work security and I've not changed the 2 AAA batteries in over a month of hard use

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
5,088 Posts
The other two brands I think most like are Olight and Fenix. Large part is personal preference as to programmable or not and if last on = first on.

·
Registered
3,431 Posts
I use a Zebralight52AA. It works great and I never leave home without it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
7,276 Posts
I usually recommend either Terralux lights if you're looking for an economical light or Fenix lights, if you're willing to spend a little more.

I have several Terralux lights including a single AA and a double AA "edc" type of light. Terralux lights have a lifetime warranty and, as far as I can tell, are built pretty rock solid. For the money, I think these are a bargain.

My Fenix is the older model of this single AA light. I really like the controls of this light and that makes it my favorite to carry. It's around $50 whereas my single AA Terralux linked above is around $25.

Like Brad, I personally see a great value in the AA 'edc' light because I'm never without a replacement battery, even if I have to steal it from something else. It doesn't happen often because all these lights are so energy efficient these days, but it is a peace of mind thing for me.

·
Registered
132 Posts
I carry two sometimes- A Surefire 6px pro and a Streamlight microstream. If it is getting dark, the Surefire comes out of my edc bag and on to my belt, but during the day I have the microstream in a notebook cover I keep in my pocket.

I had the Stylus pro awhile ago- sturdy and dependable with a very positive clicky tailcap. Got rid of it for personal reasons, nothing wrong with it.

·
Registered
1,259 Posts
I go for small. I have a Hugsby XP-1 I keep clipped in my pocket.

Hugsby-XP-1-1-x-AAA-Battery-CREE-XP-E-R2-120-Lumens-LED-Lamp-Clip.jpg

In my lunch pail is a Fenix PD-30, and a Klarus XT2A in my SUV's center console, and a MaxLight 3D converted to KED with a glass-breaker end cap in the driver's door pocket.

I like to see what I'm doing. ;-)

At home I have a Fenix UC35 that takes a rechargable 18650 cell. I have three of those cells I rotate. I keep that close to the PC & back door. Great for hunting and working around the farm. Also bright enough I can hold it in my left hand and clearly see the crosshairs out to 100 yards in my Nikon scope. The Turbo is 1,000 lumens and VERY bright. Three other levels.

·
Registered
3,604 Posts
Fenix LD10

100 lumens
Strobe
3 lower lumen modes
clip
strike bezel
1 AA battery
size of a roll of nickels

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
I have recently started carrying a 5.11 TMT PLx. Prior to that, I carried a Surefire Titan Plus. Yes, the Surefire kicks out more light, and it's more compact, and Surefire arguably builds better lights. (no, I am not willing to enter into an argument of that topic right now).

The reason that I made the switch is simple - the switch. The 5.11 is the first light that I have found that is compact enough to be carried in the manner that I want to, but also has a full-output. momentary-on, tailcap mounted, pressure switch. This is the switch design that I far prefer over any other if I need to use the light in conjunction with a firearm.

I still have the Surefire - partially as a backup, and partially because it's small size means that I can carry it with just about any sort of clothing, even if the longer 5.11 won't quite fit.

·
Registered
22,908 Posts
My everyday light is my trusty micro stream. It's not the fanciest nor the brightest, but it's never let me down and does exactly what I need and is able to be carried comfortably. I wouldn't mind trying the larger version stylus, I'm sure it would make a good edc light.
5.11- run away, do not waste your money.

·
Registered
8,899 Posts
Surefire EB1. Small and utterly reliable. Tried a 5.11 light and the rubber tailcoat wore out. Tried a Fenix and it did not hold up. I own 5 different Surefires and none have ever failed. Yes, they are more expensive, but their quality is outstanding and the company stands behind their stuff without question.

·
Registered
4,591 Posts
I have this one affordable. You can buy several I can light up my fence line at 250' has 5 modes 3 brightness strobe or sos Is not 3800 lumens . But enough for around my country home and will blind the heck out of some one in dark. Be a excellent glovebox light, back pack with extra AAA batterys
Can also use that more expensive larger single rechargeable battery 18650 I think is the number .
I don't know where my wife ordered from was 6 days shipping .

https://www.slickguns.com/product/led-flashlight-3800-lumens-ultra-bright-cree-xml-t6-tactical-torch-5-mode-zoomable-waterproo

·
Premium Member
5,957 Posts
Streamlight ProTac 2L. It stays clipped in my RF pocket at all times, and I use it at least a dozen times a day. Has a high, low, and strobe setting. The high is bright enough I can light up my yard out to 50 yards with it no problem.

·
Premium Member
2,250 Posts
My EDC light is a Fenix PD 35. At work I use a Terralux which uses 2 AAA batts. Don't the model but it is also small enough to pocket carry. Both these are great lights.

·
Registered
106 Posts
I wanted small but with plenty of horsepower. I bought the Olight S1 Baton. It's smaller than my thumb and puts out a reported 500 LM on high. .5 LM on low and 2 more levels in between. My only complaint is that it runs a CR123. Not that it's a huge problem to find, but it's just exotic enough that it might be tough to find in a pinch.

·
Registered
1,488 Posts
I love my Fenix PD25 and LD12. The PD25 is my do everything light, including because of size and variable brightness. The LD12 fits the bill for emergency bag because it is a AA, only drawbacks are that it is a little bigger than the PD25 and not as bright.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts