Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
1,105 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sad, sad story, and it happened right around the corner. Unfortunately, brazen violent crime like this is spiking all over the US.

My sincerest condolences to the family.

People: We have GOT to stop these crimes in our neighborhoods.

I know I'm preaching to the choir on this forum, but perhaps you can copy and paste this to your friends and neighbors who may be sitting on the fence about the issue of Defensive Carry.

My suggestions:

1. If you don't have a concealed handgun permit, get one, memorize the inevitable brochure, grab some sound instruction and range time, and start carrying everywhere you go and at all times, at least as much as the law allows.

2. Petition the government with grievances for not allowing all law-abiding citizens to carry everywhere we might go.

The police can only protect people against crimes in progress of which they're both aware as well as on-scene. The other 95% of the time, it's up to We the People to STOP violent crime endangering life and limb of self and others in our immediate vicinity.

·
Premium Member
4,147 Posts
With all the defund the police idiots and city councils refusing to allow police to arrest violent protestors, the bottom dwellers think they have a free pass, and many are acting on it. Always carry, be aware of everything, and everyone, around you. I am sorry this has happened in your community, since9. Be careful.

·
Registered
1,105 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I am sorry this has happened in your community, since9. Be careful.
Thank you. This is one of the last areas in the U.S. I would have imagined this might happen. There's a few areas downtown I avoid, but it's generally a safe area. When something like this happens, it's just sad. I very sincerely hope that when they catch up to whoever did this, their mug shot will clearly show how violently they resisted arrest.

In the meantime, I found a good online tool for scouting neighborhoods, and it couldn't have a better name:

·
Registered
6,173 Posts
Since9 sorry that happened in your neighborhood, very sad.

Heads up on the link, was happy to see a site with that information, but be wary in that they didn’t do their proofreading and the info could be off. Example: I was looking at an area in Houston and in the middle of the article there was a whole paragraph regarding the wonderful Italian restaurants in Boston! :oops: The paragraph after that went back to Texas.

Reactions: G26Raven and since9

·
Registered
3,359 Posts
The police can only protect people against crimes in progress of which they're both aware as well as on-scene. The other 95% of the time, it's up to We the People to STOP violent crime endangering life and limb of self and others in our immediate vicinity.
The police have no responsibility to protect individuals. They could stand there and watch you be killed, then, if they feel like it, apprehend the perp.

·
Premium Member
7,987 Posts
Sad, sad story, and it happened right around the corner. Unfortunately, brazen violent crime like this is spiking all over the US.

I know I'm preaching to the choir on this forum, but perhaps you can copy and paste this to your friends and neighbors who may be sitting on the fence about the issue of Defensive Carry.

My suggestions:

1. If you don't have a concealed handgun permit, get one, memorize the inevitable brochure, grab some sound instruction and range time, and start carrying everywhere you go and at all times, at least as much as the law allows.

2. Petition the government with grievances for not allowing all law-abiding citizens to carry everywhere we might go.

Terrible story. What a sad way for 2 people's lives to end...taking a walk on a trail.

I hope they find who did this and they go to prison for life.

·
Registered
2,008 Posts
The police have no responsibility to protect individuals. They could stand there and watch you be killed, then, if they feel like it, apprehend the perp.
Not only can they but they have as in the case of Kris Kime in Seattle several years ago. The video has been taken down but it showed a group of four or five black men targeting lone white women and severely, violently attacking them, both physically and sexually. After they got to the third or fourth woman, Kris Kime stepped in to help her and they beat him to death on video. One of the gang was using a skateboard in the attacks by the way.
Not only did the Seattle police stand by and watch but so did all the onlookers. Just another reason why I have no respect for spineless jellyfish Seattlites in general. Obviously there are a few exceptions. They did show the beatings over and again on the news but never a mention of racial hate crimes by the media nor the public.

·
Registered
2,008 Posts

My suggestions:

Am I missing something here, like a link to the story?

·
Registered
3,167 Posts
Reactions: riverrambler

·
Registered
40,302 Posts
The rampant lawlessness of the liberals has only enabled the similar response of the individual criminal. It will take years to undo this, if it can be undone.

·
Premium Member
7,987 Posts
The rampant lawlessness of the liberals has only enabled the similar response of the individual criminal. It will take years to undo this, if it can be undone.
The inaction of Liberal Mayors, Police Chiefs, Governors and Judges have given them "permission" to break the law, even attack and murder, without fear of real consequences.

I agree that it's going to take a very long time to reverse the damage.

·
Registered
5,038 Posts
Even on a gun forum, the "safe area" rationale is a thing. (Carry less if at all in a "good area")
reactive > proactive is default setting for most people.
"I cant believe that happened here" (past tense) may lead to a change in behavior, or may not.

Reactions: Nmuskier
1 - 20 of 41 Posts