1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
5,642 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Super Moderator
16,098 Posts
Taken into custody, some of the defendants, "most of whom have significant criminal histories," stated they'd run because they "did not want to go back to jail," according to Nerheim.
Hopefully they will go back for a good long time.

·
Registered
2,869 Posts
CNN's biggest hand wringing concern was the fact that 5 of the cherubs are charged with murder due to the other cherub's death, NOT that the group were intent on commiting a violent felony. That Diamond Davis looks like she has been run hard and put away wet too many times even at age 18.

·
Registered
1,860 Posts
Ignorance of the law is no excuse but the news media is saying that it is not fair for these thugs to be charged with murder because they didn't kill anybody and that they didn't know that they could be charged with murder if somebody is killed during the commission of a crime. If they hadn't been out trying to rob somebody the 14 year old wouldn't have got killed so in a way they are responsible for his death. I have a feeling that it wouldn't have made any difference to these thugs if they had all known the law. Anybody really believe that knowing the risks would have stopped them?

·
Super Moderator
23,203 Posts
Having planned to arm themselves and ignore the resident's demand to leave his property, the defendants are responsible for placing their accomplice in danger, Nerheim said.

Police did not say additional weapons were found on the teens, though Nerheim stated the decision to bring a knife was "collective."

"Had they not made the decisions they did make early Tuesday morning, this 14-year-old would still be alive today," he said.

Nerheim explained the rationale behind the law that holds felons accountable for deaths that occur during their crime. When felons are armed, "the possibility of death or great harm increases dramatically," Nerheim stated.

This greater risk of danger is what the law is attempting to deter, he said.
Nerheim nails it.

Surprisingly. :tired:

Are prosecutors starting to wake up to the failure of progressivity?

Map

·
Premium Member
2,240 Posts
Can’t view the OP link. My router has a block on the Communist News Network URL. (There are children in the house).

·
Banned
359 Posts
Juveniles. They will be walking the streets when they turn 18....more victims in their future!

Reactions: alsaqr

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
"but those poor innocent children"...

·
Registered
3,303 Posts
The obvious solution is to remove all the guns from citizens who do NOT engage in such behaviors; it's the only sensible thing to do !
Gangbangers in Chicago have Guns so I need to turn in my guns to the Houston PD. OK. I’m on it.

·
Registered
1,660 Posts
Juveniles. They will be walking the streets when they turn 18....more victims in their future!
If I understood the article, they are all charged as adults. If convicted, it will be a while before any of them see the outside.

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
Reactions: PhaedrusIV
1 - 20 of 30 Posts