Defensive Carry banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The 2010 United States House of Representatives elections will be held on November 2, 2010, halfway through President Barack Obama's first term in office. Elections will be held for all 435 seats, representing the 50 U.S. states.

Elections to the United States Senate will be held on November 2, 2010, with at least 36 of the 100 seats in the United States Senate contested.

The 2010 elections will be interesting, and I plan to do a lot more research this time. I am just wondering, how the rest of you folks feel on the subject. I would like to see Obama saddled with a republican held senate and house for the second half of his one term.

Regards
Rick

·
Registered
4,469 Posts
I always ask the candidates where they stand on my key issues.

And this time will be no different.

·
Registered
1,271 Posts
I always ask the candidates where they stand on my key issues.

And this time will be no different.
Yep. Find the candidate who looks good at first glance and then do a little digging into their voting record and public contributions.

·
Registered
96 Posts
I agree, if we want change, its up to us to do it through votes. That may not always work, but if we do our homework and dig some, it helps.

·
Premium Member
2,652 Posts
Provided the tea parties continue and American's remain vigilant on the issues of freedom and less government, we should be able to reestablish some balance. We all need to support ($) the GOP and encourage our friends, neighbors and associates to vote Republican.
Regards, :image089:

·
Registered
332 Posts
Agree, & with the interweb, researching votes & PAC money is easy. I still am very concerned with the upcoming cenus, ACORN & others are hell-bent to rig the numbers and re-draw as many districts as they can (gerrymandering).
As for my personal voting record (not that anyone cares) but I almost always (99.9 %) vote Repub or Libertarian.
The only time I didn't was when I was stationed in Corpus Christi around 97-2000, and I voted for the local (Dem) congressman (Ortiz), only because he was so ingrained into the military committees in congress, that I felt like he had the best interest of that base in mind.

·
Banned
2,736 Posts
I'm not going to vote for Republicans. They're the same as democrats. I'm either going to stay at home or vote for the libertarian candidate. Let's all vote for the ideaological bankrupt fringe that has no chance of winning. We can make a difference! :rolleyes:

·
Administrator
143,576 Posts
Keep it 2nd Amendment or Firearms Legislation related as VS General Republican, Democrat, Libertarian, Politics.

Forum Rules Page.
9. We have learned from bitter experience that discussions of certain subjects (politics, religion, abortion, sexual orientation, etc) often degenerate quickly.
For this reason, we prohibit these subjects in our discussions.
We also discourage "caliber wars" and the virtues of "open carry" topic; strongly encouraging you to take these discussions to other forums where these topics are the focus.

·
Registered
1,843 Posts
SelfDefense, since belonging to one of the two main parties is the only way to win, I guess staying home is a vote for the Dems.

·
Registered
306 Posts
The 2010 United States House of Representatives elections will be held on November 2, 2010, halfway through President Barack Obama's first term in office. Elections will be held for all 435 seats, representing the 50 U.S. states.

Elections to the United States Senate will be held on November 2, 2010, with at least 36 of the 100 seats in the United States Senate contested.

The 2010 elections will be interesting, and I plan to do a lot more research this time. I am just wondering, how the rest of you folks feel on the subject. I would like to see Obama saddled with a republican held senate and house for the second half of his one term.

Regards
Rick
It would be nice if somehow we could have a section here on the forum where people could post about candidates in their states on key issues like their stance on ownership and gun law. That way others could research more on a candidate that is also part of their election.. ect...

·
Registered
1,535 Posts
2edge...you're right on the money! Politicians speak lots of gobbledygook that sounds nice but often times is meaningless. Check their voting record to get the best indication of future behavior. Case in point: OB.

·
Registered
5,296 Posts
SelfDefense, since belonging to one of the two main parties is the only way to win, I guess staying home is a vote for the Dems.
What he said.

It's actually a no-brainer.

·
Registered
2,753 Posts
Based on the actions of our President and the Congress, the best way to increase gun ownership and guarantee that no new anti-gun legislation is passed, is to make sure the Democrats remain in the majority. People will continue to buy guns and ammunition and concealed carry apps will skyrocket. Except for the national reciprocity bill which the Republicans managed to defeat, concealed and open carry will continue to become less restrictive. We especially want someone as Senate majority leader who has acted to oppose new restrictions, such as a re-imposition of the so-called assault weapons ban. Someone like Democratic Senator Harry Reid.

Unless, of course, you're really talking about issues other than the 2nd Amendment and self defense. In which case, you're on the wrong forum and should campaign elsewhere.

·
Administrator
143,576 Posts
It would be nice if somehow we could have a section here on the forum where people could post about candidates in their states on key issues like their stance on ownership and gun law. That way others could research more on a candidate that is also part of their election.. ect...
You can post here about candidates on key issues as they relate to gun ownership and gun law.

You can't argue non-firearm and non 2nd Amendment related politics here. :nono:

Take that over to the ConservativeStronghold.
Bumper owns that site. Post all of the pure non-firearm related politics that you want to over there.
Conservative Stronghold - Powered by vBulletin

Members can go there and whine, gripe, inform, rant, discuss, respectfully argue general politics with one another, call Nancy Pelosi a dogface...whatever you want.

·
Registered
2,198 Posts
I'll continue my life long tradition of voting for the pro-gun party and against the anti-gun party.

·
Premium Member
2,655 Posts
What your candidate says means little - they exempted themselves form the truth is advertising laws. Tell people that your soap will make them prettier, and you risk heavy fines and possibly going to jail. Tell people that your plan which creates a huge, eternal, unaccountable bureaucracy but won’t cost the tax payers a cent, and you can’t be prosecuted. Check out their records from way back when. That might tell you if they are worth your vote.

Even having an election which allows for the will of the people to mean something required ACORN to not fiddle the census and voter registration, and the O-brown Shirts not to engage in voter intimidation. The voter fraud and voter intimidation are sanctioned by the current Attorney General of the United States, and never before in our history has a communist organization been in control of our census, so I do not think ballots will enable us to save our nation.

We may need to develop a plan #2, a plan #3, a plan #4, and maybe even a plan #5.56.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.