Defensive Carry banner

21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
253 Posts
Really? DJT may not be perfect in his support of the 2A, but I will not let perfection be the enemy of good enough. Especially considering the alternative.
I personally don't think the man's fit to be president, but he's certainly better than any of the other alternatives, so he'll get my vote.

I do think it's sad that the situation is such that I have to choose the lesser evil rather than someone I think will be a good president, but that's pretty much all politics these days.

·
Premium Member
2,278 Posts
Thank you for your opinion, Dude, however I am not really a lesser of two evils Dude. We now know that the president whomever that might be will not support our 2A Rights. A candidate does not have to come after my gun lose my vote. A candidate only has to fail to express support for my rights. Our sitting president did that, and I voted for him. He lied and lost my vote. If I have no one to votes for in the presidential election, so be it. I will strive to support legislative candidates who will stand up for my rights. I will support GOA and 2FA because they will support my rights and have no dependency on the executive branch. I do understand what you are saying, but after decades of supporting the lesser of two evils and getting screwed, I am not doing it again. I will just carve out my place in the world, and, if they come for my gun, well ................................. I am not afraid to die, and no one depends upon me anymore.
Call it what you will, in this election, if people with your stance don’t vote to help re-elect the “lesser of two evils”....the “greater of two evils” will cripple this country to the point we may never recover....IMHO...

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
I personally don't think the man's fit to be president, but he's certainly better than any of the other alternatives, so he'll get my vote.

I do think it's sad that the situation is such that I have to choose the lesser evil rather than someone I think will be a good president, but that's pretty much all politics these days.
That seems to always be the case...choose the lesser of two evils. In other words the one who aligns mostly with your positions.

By the way my 401k’s have rocked big time since DJT came on the scene. I can fund lots of shooting when I retire, kind of like Tangle. :)

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
MJK I was in Florida, at an IALEFI Yearly Conference. On an Indian Reservation, a hotel. We had a surprise Guest Speaker! They had two Officers, guarding the door. No reporters or foreigners? Me being one, foreigner that is.

The General walked to me, said how long have you been a Law Enforcement Firearms Instructor. 20 years I said. "Let him in" You should have heard his speech! It brought the house down.
Awesome! Would love to have been there. Is a transcript of the speech available to the public?

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
The Bodyguards of James “Mad Dog” Mattis did not allow phones! Two big young men, dressed in 511 pants, and photograph style vests. Our IDs from the Seminar were our entree to the venue.

A Police Officer Sgt. A friend of mine was going out on the town and asked me to watch his Buzz Gun. I stuck it under our bed, it was in a fitted case. My Wife asked what a Buzz Gun was? When I told her a Machine Gun! She did not sleep easy.
We lived in Toronto at the time, she was not up on the USA lifestyle of Law Enforcement.

General Mattis had personality in bucketfuls! He was not keen on the handling of the Troops in the Far East.

·
Registered
120 Posts
I'm old enough that Social Security eligibility is pretty far in the rearview mirror. I've never missed at least the two-year elections, although I haven't been as good with the local ones. In all those years, I only voted for President with no reservations twice - both times for Reagan. And it's not like he never did anything to disappoint me when in office.

I don't believe voting is a privilege. I believe it's a duty that comes with citizenship, along with a duty to try to learn enough about the candidates to make a halfway educated decision, not that that was easy back in the day of much more limited information than now, and not that trying to tell the difference between partisan propaganda and truth is easy these days.

Gun rights are only one of the issues I care about, and maybe I was wrong, but I never worried much about that issue until this century. Now it's one more thing to work into the balance when deciding on candidates, and primaries loom larger in my mind than they used to.

21 - 29 of 29 Posts