Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
2,369 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Live and learn!

Had a embarrassing experience today at lunch with six of my business associates. Carrying the M&P 40c in a MTAC at 5 O'clock with shirt tucked. The seven of us are seated in the corner of a nice restaurant, my back is to the corner. We sit down in chairs with ornate wire web type backings. Some how the rear C-clip of the holster hooks onto the wire mesh. After finishing the meal we all stand to leave. As I raise up the chair snags up with me yanking the holster and weapon out of my belt. Thank God for good retention for the pistol never dropped loose. :redface:

So there I am in a semi standing position one clip latched on the belt, one on the chair the holster suspended in the air now uncovered.:frown: I quickly sit back down to fix the disaster as the guy to my right gets an eyeful. The happy ending to this story is he only asks if I needed help and says nothing to what he saw. The rest of the lunch party was distracted and clueless giving me an opportunity to re-tuck.

The MTAC is a comfortable holster that I would recommend to anyone looking for a good IWB. In the future I am going to be more conscientious of potential seating snags.:rolleyes:

·
Registered
7,421 Posts
Yeah that sounds like a very uncomfortable situation for sure. The guy to your right sounds like a pretty cool guy to offer a hand and not freak out on ya.

Glad the recovery worked out the way it did for ya.

·
Super Moderator
4,965 Posts
I always do a sweep around the outside of the cover garment before getting up. I got snagged once in a similar fashion, but I was lucky enough to notice before anything bad happened.

Now, it's just a habit.

Matt

·
Registered
6,866 Posts
Sorry for the incident. At least the other guy was a cool person.

·
Super Moderator
50,603 Posts
Is the ONLY living eye-witness Pro 2A?:confused:

·
Registered
237 Posts
Makes me glad I use velcro clips on my supertuck.

·
Registered
911 Posts
Almost as funny as my brother walking around the cigar bar with a plastic chair hanging from the hammer of his J Frame.

·
Registered
5,314 Posts
Chairs are the bane of the armed man.

·
Registered
1,954 Posts
I had a similar experience, not fun.
We had gone out to dinner and the grip of my 1911 got stuck between the slats in the back of the chair, really stuck. As I tried to stand up the chair came up with me. I was able to reach around behind my back and push it loose, fortunatley my jacket was hanging over the back of the chair and somewhat diguised what I was doing. I've learned to keep my jacket between my back and the chair, and it the slot spacing is close to the size of the grip, I sit slightly forward in the chair and don't lean back.

·
Premium Member
3,232 Posts
I use the "J clips" on my Supertuck, luckily I've never had a problem like that.

Good recovery JAT40, hope it doesn't happen again.

·
Registered
271 Posts
This is one of the many reasons i'll take a booth over a chair & table any day. Glad it all ended up well. No harm done and a lesson learned.

·
Premium Member
2,652 Posts
Oops for sure... I try hard to be very careful when rising up from any seated position. I occasionally see conceal carry folks snag their hardware or expose their weapon. I recently approached one guy and discreetly mentioned that he mite want to adjust his shirt.

·
Registered
125 Posts
I'm a newbie here, just received my CHP for NC. How do the velcro clips hold up? I am considering getting the MTAC with those clips. Thanks for any feedback!
Almost 2 years in mine and no problems and if I were to break a clip, CrossBreed would replace it promptly and free of charge!

·
Registered
1,572 Posts
All's well that ends well.

Thanks for sharing your embarrassment. It may help someone else avoid it.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts