Defensive Carry banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
25,483 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Must admit I was unaware of this one - but think it is a very good move to try and make.

Public Hearing for Emergency Right to Carry Permit to be Held Wednesday, March 15!

Next Wednesday, March 15, the House Judiciary Committees Criminal Laws Subcommittee will have a public hearing on H 4473, introduced by Representative Catherine Ceips (R-124).

This legislation will establish an expedited process for issuing an emergency Right-to-Carry (RTC) permit to victims of domestic violence. H 4473 will also require victims be notified of this personal protection option if their request for an order of protection is granted, and will ensure that, should a domestic violence victim obtain an emergency RTC permit, that victims personal information cannot be released unless for the purpose of an official police investigation. This will prevent abusers from tracking down their victims by exploiting the current system that allows easy access to personal information regarding RTC permit holders.

Read More: http://www.nraila.org/CurrentLegislation/Read.aspx?ID=2042

·
Registered
822 Posts
I think it's a great Bill but I gurantee that the brady bunch as well as the feminist will go against it. If someone has that type of protection then they most likely won't become a statistic for the anti-gun types but will become a testament for the pro-gun side.

I would like to see the Bill go through because anyone with half a brain knows that the LEO's as well as RO's aren't going to be able to help.

Sometimes I wonder what the anti's are really thinking when they go against Bills like this.

Wayne

·
Registered
1,843 Posts
Hmmmmm ?? 4473 ? Where have I heard that set of numbers before?? Betcha the color of the bill will be yellow.Strange that they would stick those numbers on a bill. -------

·
Registered
4,087 Posts
If you can keep the Brady nuts and the FEMS out of this this bill might have a chance to pass.

·
Premium Member
25,483 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
RSSZ - I think (my assumption) that number is used because 4473 form would, if this goes thru - be amended to have a section to cover this.

·
Registered
1,843 Posts
P95, Exactly what came to mind. This seems like it would be a plus for the "individuals" that the LEO's "can't" protect. To me,its a bandaid,but will offer some degree of comfort. The better alternative would be,with a Moss500,back into a corner of the living room and say"come in".

·
Registered
744 Posts
NC passed a law Oct 05 that any female victim of abuse/stalking must be informed of her right to obtain a concealed carry permit and informed on how to get one. She cannot be encourged to get one, just advised of the possibility. I never thought it would pass but it did by a wide margin. NC is a "shall issue" state.

·
Registered
2,586 Posts
I think FL has this law on the books,I'll check when I get back to work.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts