Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Banned
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Did everyone see the news about the family in Indiana all getting murdered thursday night ? That's horrible !
I never consider myself paranoid- but, you almost have to carry while inside your home now a days !
What a bad situation. They even shot the kids ranging from 5-11 years old.
The criminals are animals and should be dealt with as such............

What is this world coming to ?

·
Administrator
143,573 Posts
RIP

The world is not getting any better and that is for sure.
The world is actually pretty much staying the same.

Life HAS been SAFER in the United States but, all throughout human history the world has been a rotten, dangerous and highly unforgiving place.
Also the most beautiful, amazing, & wonderful place.

We must NEVER hide in fear when terrible things happen to good & innocent people though...because THEN...the bad guys win and all good people lose.
We can never let the scumbags win the game of life.

·
Registered
11,431 Posts
The evil that men do should be intered with their bones to misquote the Noble Bard.

·
Registered
6,514 Posts
yes, saw that, so horrible and sad
that link didn't tell all of the story though,
the mom had dropped off the 5 year old boy to do some errands (it was his grandparents house). When the mom and friend came by to pick him up, the friend stayed in the car, mom was pulled into the house, a light came on and the friend heard the mom scream "no, don't do that, don't do that to my child" then the gun shots were heard.

I agree, animals and should be treated as such.
I too either keep my ccw weapon(s) on me in the house or its on the table at my reach.

·
Registered
6,514 Posts
update,
I just saw on yahoo that they caught one of the "suspected" scumbag SOBs in a traffic stop, but the 28 yr old guy that grew up in that neighborhood is still on the run

·
Banned
189 Posts
When we saw this on the news I looked at my wife and said, "This is why we have a gun in the house." Initially, she wasn't too keen on me starting to shoot again, but she's been coming around after seeing this and other home invasion news stories.

·
Registered
185 Posts
According to our local new this all happened over some type of robbery. Not sure if the robber and the homeowners new each other or not. They used some sort of assualt rifle to commit the crime. It is very sad that this happened. Luckily there was a man next door that heard and saw it happen and called it in. I hope they catch this creep.

·
Registered
185 Posts
They caught him!!!!!

The man that was the person of interest turned himself in about 2 to 3 hours ago. I guess all the CNN and Fox news coverage changed his mind.

·
Super Moderator
23,558 Posts
This illustrates the increasing incidence of this type of violent crime. There was another similar one this winter back east - just can't remember the detailes......

·
Super Moderator
4,964 Posts
The subject is in custody: http://www.cnn.com/2006/US/06/03/indianapolis.killings/index.html

INDIANAPOLIS, Indiana (CNN) -- The man police consider the prime suspect in the slayings of seven family members surrendered to police at a fast-food restaurant Saturday evening, a police source said.

Desmond Turner, 28, has been charged with seven counts of murder and seven counts of felony murder.

He was with family members and a minister when he turned himself in at a Hardee's restaurant about 7 p.m., police said. A confidential informant notified police that Turner wanted to surrender, police said. (Watch police describe Turner's surrender -- 4:37)

"He didn't turn himself in out of remorse. He turned himself in because he had no place to go," Deputy Chief Tim Foley told reporters Saturday night.

Asked why Turner showed up with a minister, Foley said that Turner "may have had fear he would've been shot on sight."
Good job by the authorities. They apparently really turned up the heat on all this maggot's friends and acquaintances, and denied him anyplace to hide.

Matt

·
Registered
3,085 Posts
It's definitely getting worse in my neighborhood. I've had my door tried more times then I can count over the last couple years, some were innocent mistakes, others weren't. A new neighbor tried our door by accident last week, turned out to be nothing but definitely reinforces the need to keep at least one loaded gun handy at all times. We've got one of those expanding bars spanning from the baseboards to under the doorknob now, put that in the morning after/of the attempted break-in last Summer (some slimeball with a crowbar). Be careful folks, it only takes once.
Jack

·
Registered
334 Posts
I was in Indy for a dentist appointment thursday. Guess I shouldn't be lax in my carry now.:aargh4: What really bothers me is they were said to be armed with assault rifles. So here we go again with another banning campaign.:buttkick:

·
Registered
291 Posts
I've got many friends in and around the Indy area that I worked with before retirement last December. In fact one womans husband is a detective on their department. It seems to be getting worse every day. Here in Milwaukee we had 28 shootings over the recent holiday weekend. One was only a half mile down the road from my home, in a park on the western shores of Lake Michigan. Two dead and another critical. The perp, still on the run, turned out to be an illegal alien from Mexico. As I type this I've got my .45 Detonics CombatMaster on my side. You just never know.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Hello All
Just read a story this morning on this case. Seems the shooting only started when a GG arrived armed and the BG's started shooting everybody.
I wonder what went wrong and what kind of a dirt bag can kill kids.
I will pay my way and do the exacution for free if I could when they get these sob's convicted. I would be proud to be known as the one that cleaned up the world a little bit.
God bless the victims.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts