Defensive Carry banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What are your feelings on both of these sights for an AR (of course). I've only used the EoTech, but have heard good things about the Aimpoint.

·
Banned
241 Posts
Haven't used the Aimpoint yet, although I've used both the EOTech and the ATN Digital. Truth be told, I preferred the ATN over the EOTech.
Not to suggest that the EOTech wasn't good - I thought it was pretty freaking cool actually - but the ATN just seemed to fit me better.

I can only assume that the Aimpoint would be similar, however one thing that I liked about the ATN was that there was really no "scope".. it was just a round piece of glass that you looked through with no magnification. I DID look through an Aimpoint once and I remember thinking that I liked the ATN better.

·
Registered
103 Posts
I own an aimpoint and love it ....for me its much clearer than eotech's i've used. The life of the batteries are much,much longer life on the aimpoints. I have a high mount on mine so when i bring the rifle up to my face i don't have to crank my head down to look thru the optic , its right in my line of sight . If you get a chance go to the aimpoint web site and read everything on " why to buy " very informative i think. my sell u on it !

i posed a pic of mine a couple weeks ago if u wanna see.

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yeah I'd love to see the pic. Thanks. I liked the EoTech when I used it but didn't feel it was all that accurate. But I could see the increse in speed for CBQ situations. I would have also liked to have a single dot instead of the crosshair.

·
Super Moderator
4,964 Posts
My EOTech should be here tomorrow - I'll let you know what I think.

Matt

·
Registered
370 Posts
Aimpoint v. EoTech really boils down to shooter-preference.

Personally, I find the EoTech's reticle "too busy." I dislike the controls on the EoTech as well. There were initial problems with EoTechs not holding a zero which did nothing to endear them to me, though these problems seem to have been corrected.

I can get hits on a man-sized target out to ~400 meters with an Aimpoint. I find Aimpoint simple to use and fast at close-range. Several of my co-workers prefer the EoTech and are able to shoot as well, if not better than I can with them.

My suggestion would be to try both and go with the one you prefer.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I'm putting together an AK for my wife's SHTF carbine. She prefers the holosight to the red dot; therefore, the EOTech will be here tomorrow, along with the UltiMak optics rail.

·
Registered
103 Posts
75scout there a 2 different pics on this forum under rifles section....the post is called " just showing off " .

·
Registered
4,087 Posts
have a eotech on the ar at work, nice sight. have several old aim points (1980 models) for several match pistols. the eotech is hard to beat.

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Glockguy I just looked at you AR. Very nice. I love the whole setup.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Thanks 75scout

1 - 11 of 11 Posts