Defensive Carry banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This was my first time exposure to Mr Pratt and GOA. Very impressive. You could almost hear the CNN Producer telling Carol Costello to end the interview ASAP as Mr. Prattt was making a fool out of her. Clearly a shorter interview than CNN had originally anticipated. i may join GOA after this.

https://youtu.be/T6axS9F-qeY

·
Premium Member
1,510 Posts
Thanks for posting. Do you think she'll really go research those stats? I don't. Her ideology is more important than the facts.

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm inclined to agree. But the good that may come out of this is that she may have learned that contrary to her beliefs, not all gun owners are blithering idiots, and she should do her homework before trying to take us on. I also agree that facts rarely matter for the true ideologue. But every now and then, like in this interview, those inconvenient facts can come up to bite them.

·
Registered
438 Posts
30,000 poeple, 30,000 poeple... The suicide numbers are not greatly effected by your laws, and the gang bangers in places like Chicago aren't hindered by your laws. Get off of it. Look at how many die from alcohol related deaths, cars, medical malpractice... She's obviously a talking head, not a debater.

·
Registered
803 Posts
Thanks for posting. Do you think she'll really go research those stats? I don't. Her ideology is more important than the facts.
I'm inclined to agree. But the good that may come out of this is that she may have learned that contrary to her beliefs, not all gun owners are blithering idiots, and she should do her homework before trying to take us on. I also agree that facts rarely matter for the true ideologue. But every now and then, like in this interview, those inconvenient facts can come up to bite them.
I hope she does. She may than realize the "spin" she has been told is a lie.

·
Premium Member
1,510 Posts
30,000 poeple, 30,000 poeple... The suicide numbers are not greatly effected by your laws, and the gang bangers in places like Chicago aren't hindered by your laws. Get off of it. Look at how many die from alcohol related deaths, cars, medical malpractice... She's obviously a talking head, not a debater.
30,000 gun deaths and half are suicides, taking us to 15,000. I've seen studies that state 80% of murders are gang related. That takes us down to 3000 deaths in a country of 315 million. I don't know the number of accidental deaths, but the chance of a non-criminal being murdered with a gun is pretty slim. (0.000000095% is my calculator is correct.)

·
Registered
281 Posts
I hope she does. She may than realize the "spin" she has been told is a lie.
She or her staff will definitely research the stats in the hopes that they can come back and refute his argument. However, if that research determines he was correct then you will never hear from her on the subject.

Reactions: Zredwire

·
Premium Member
2,250 Posts
The media is almost universally biased anti-gun. Big money and political clout are saturating us with lies to further their agenda. Why? Factions are at work to conquer this country from within. Mr. Pratt responded expertly to this biased interviewer. Thank you sir.

Reactions: UrsusMedius

·
Registered
405 Posts
30,000 gun deaths and half are suicides, taking us to 15,000. I've seen studies that state 80% of murders are gang related. That takes us down to 3000 deaths in a country of 315 million. I don't know the number of accidental deaths, but the chance of a non-criminal being murdered with a gun is pretty slim. (0.000000095% is my calculator is correct.)
I've typically read that suicides are closer to 20k, leaving roughly 10k homicides plus a few accidental and justified shoots.

·
Registered
1,659 Posts
She/They are not interested in the facts...if they were, the info is out there, they would educate themselves and drop this idiocy.

They are not interested in the facts.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts