Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Administrator
144,124 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just received the ESEE ESIZDAM in layered Damascus steel.
I bought it as a Safe Queen. I figure that (one of these days) as soon as ESEE ceases production of them, the value will shoot up.
Hopefully. So, I already have a Safe Queen in Venom Green and now this one.
The Venom Green is not super popular right now and somebody out there is really going to want one in that color years from now.
Again, hopefully. All I ever need is ONE buyer. :yup:

So the Damascus version right now sells for double the price of a regular IZULA.
SO...best guessing that more folks now are not spending at least twice as much for an identical profile knife that can be had for half the cost.

It is never what is super popular and everywhere today that fetches the highest future price.
Buy the oddball version NOW if the goal is future rarity.
At least when it comes to knives.

Which would why when I bought the Busse Argonne Assault, I also bought the limited California version....minus the Knuckle Guard and minus the double edge.
The first will be collectible but, the California will (again hopefully) be Super Collectible.

Always taking a chance that something will bomb out in the future but, most of the time...I guess correctly.

I bought the ESIZDAM from eCop! on eBay. Best price, decently quick shipping.
They have a ton of Negative feedback but, they sell thousands of items per month and all transactions are covered by PayPal.

·
Registered
12,686 Posts
Ouuuuu, I think I've just found my new Texas Bar-be-que...KNIFE!
Exxxxx-celent! :congrats:

·
Administrator
144,124 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
$110.00 and free shipping where I got mine.

·
Registered
249 Posts
That's been on my radar for quite some time. Add a pair of TKC G-10 scale and an Kydex sheath and it will make an already great knife that much more refined!

Reactions: QKShooter

·
Administrator
144,124 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I had to say YES-E to another esee.

An ESEE-6 in Venom Green with semi-ugly blaze orange handles.

What's NOT to like about it....except for the color of the blade and the color of the handle slabs? :biggrin2:

What I DO like about it would be....the blade length, no serrations on the most used portion of the blade, a generous finger choil, and gimping right where I like it.

It should be an interesting knife for me to exercise some bizarre looking creativity on a leather sheath.

The price was $129.99 and free shipping. eBay and the seller was dullknifeterminator.

I should have it in a few days as I have previously purchased from the same seller and he ships quickly.

·
Administrator
144,124 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
This will certainly be the ugliest knife that I own and....the one most least likely to be misplaced in the woods. :rofl:

Not my Video. Just a youtube vid on the Venom Green knives in general.

·
Banned
5,171 Posts
I love the look of Venom Green although I don't have anything in that color (yet). The dammy looks pretty sweet as well. So far I have five ESEEs, 2 x Izulas (one green and one black), two Izula IIs (one black and one orange that's an exclusive to one particular vendor) and a RAT3 in green with orange scales. Great stuff! Probably the next ESEE I get will be another Izula in Venom Green or the Venom Green Junglas.

·
Administrator
144,124 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
That particular shade of green kinda grows on you. Like slime or a tropical fungus. :blink: :yup:

·
Banned
5,171 Posts
Hahaha! Yeah it's "interesting" looking but I find it practical. Most of the things I use while hiking and camping have orange or some of other bright color on them. Call it a reaction to spending an entire hour trying to find a knife I laid down while gathering wood.:aargh4: Now I try to buy knives with bright scales, and barring that I will put a lanyard or orange paracord on them. A lot of the time I will even use orange paracord to make zipper pulls for my bags.

·
Banned
5,171 Posts
Just a quick bump for an ESEE related purchase! Recently picked up some G10 scales for my Izula and Izula II's from The Knife Connection. They're CNC'd very precisely, and if you didn't know before hand you'd assume they were factory. TKC makes scales for all of the ESEEs, most of the Ontario knives and a smattering of other brands. They made a variety of colors; as we discussed in the posts above I really like colors that are hard to miss if you drop your knife or lay it down while working on something and walk off.

I love ESEE knives but most of them have flat, 2D micarta scales. They aren't bad by any means but pretty generic and they can create some hot spots in the hand while doing stuff like batonning. The TKC scales however are contoured, with (generally) a palm swell and they taper a bit towards the front to improve the ability to choke up or to use a pinch grip.

The flat scales of the Izula II actually work pretty well, so I wasn't sure if there would be a big improvement going to the TKC scales. Boy, was I wrong! It really improves the feel and looks of the knife. I got two pairs for my two Izula II's, a black set that I installed on my orange knife and an orange set that went on the black knife. They fit and look stock, there's no gaps or areas of poor fit. Great stuff.

But it is the Izula where the TKC grips really shine! The original Izula ships without scales, just a skeleton blade in a plastic scabbard. The OEM micarta scales are an improvement over no scales but they're only about 2/3 the length of the handle, only about 1.75" long. I can two and two-thirds fingers on them with half of my pinky sticking out past the end of the steel loop that forms the end of the knife. But the G10 scales from TKC cover the entire handle with just small notch that lets you add a lanyard if you wish. Now the knife feels almost like a full sized knife! It's no exaggeration to say these scales transform the Izula completely!

Probably not worth while on a 'safe queen' for a user they're well worth it. I am going to order at least one more pair for my other Izula and probably a set for my ESEE3/RAT3. Plus, I will probably pick up an Izula in the stonewashed stainless steel version for use a neck knife, and if I do I'll be getting another set of TKC grips.

Lastly, the service is as good as the product! Very fast shipping, very good packing.

·
Administrator
144,124 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I bought a set of "glow in the dark" slabs and I WAS going to make my own set of handles for one knife but, the actual "glow factor" pretty much sucked so....I decided not to bother.
They were nice flat slabs (flat/smooth) on one side and cross hatched lines on their flip sides.

If you see them and are thinking about buying them....pass! Waste of $$$.

·
Banned
5,171 Posts
I bought a set of "glow in the dark" slabs and I WAS going to make my own set of handles for one knife but, the actual "glow factor" pretty much sucked so....I decided not to bother.
They were nice flat slabs (flat/smooth) on one side and cross hatched lines on their flip sides.

If you see them and are thinking about buying them....pass! Waste of $$$.
Hahaha! Too late!:danceban: I bought a couple pairs on eBay a few years back. Yeah, they kind of suck but they were better than no scales. The TKC ones are great, though.

·
Administrator
144,124 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
It's an interesting shade of green.
Not quite a plague mucous green, and not a "Green With Envy" green....possibly a half glass of milk and a half glass of lemonade into a can of Split Pea soup....green. :yup:

·
Registered
16,094 Posts
I've seen that color green. On the Mopar lot.
I haven't seen it in a few years, actually several years, but I believe it's Dodge Neon Green... :biggrin2:
Or is it the color Predator bled???

1 - 20 of 22 Posts