Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
859 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's not often one makes holsters for the old Browning HP P35, but recently had an order for one (very European, don't you know) and built this:

brng hp (1).jpg brng hp (2).jpg

I'm not posting for attaboys, but rather to show that when all the subtle details are melded, a holster can transcend being a simple pouch. Much like an extraordinarily beautiful woman, fashionably dressed and full of charm and personality, can transcend her mere humanity and become something far better.

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
Can't beat the classics!

The true man wants two things, a gun and the means to wear and carry it. For that reason, man wants a good holster, and ignores Nietzsche.

·
Banned
5,171 Posts
That's beautiful! I'd carry my BHP more if I had that rig for it!

·
Registered
859 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Can't beat the classics!

The true man wants two things, a gun and the means to wear and carry it. For that reason, man wants a good holster, and ignores Nietzsche.
Nietzsche we can ignore, but not the dangerous curves ;)

Vargas and his nudes have been my earliest inspiration; not wanting to offend any on this forum, I offer this pic of the artist and his (clothed) muse:

albert vargas and his muse.jpg

Christine Stanley, who taught me the art of saddle stamping, aka, leather carving, had her home and studio lined with his nudes.

·
Registered
859 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
That's a nice looking holster.I'm curious how long did it take you?
55 years :) Thankfully I don't track current times during this startup phase; instead I'm thinking about the standard processes that will be substituted as demand picks up. For example, why track how long it takes to cut the parts individually, as I do now, knowing that a clicker die will cut each part in moments only. As a client said to me decades ago, "You are artist, not businessman". So I'd only scare you (and myself) if I worked it out, and then told you, how long each takes to complete :)

·
Registered
859 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Very very sexy.
It's waiting for you, Zombie. Made from Australian cowhide in whiskey or black colours, trimmed in ostrich or emu legskin, in this case for the SIGs (this one moulded to a railed P229); lining in wild kangaroo is optional. All my holsters are available from High Noon in Florida, and are meticulously quality checked there for fit and function with the real pistol:

sig p229 rails.jpg

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
You know Red, Vargas has always been a great favorite of mine, too. He had an almost surreal reverence for the female form.
I can see a similar respect for the firearms' dangerous curves in your work. You can't hide it despite talk of standard processes.

·
Registered
6,587 Posts
55 years :) Thankfully I don't track current times during this startup phase; instead I'm thinking about the standard processes that will be substituted as demand picks up. For example, why track how long it takes to cut the parts individually, as I do now, knowing that a clicker die will cut each part in moments only. As a client said to me decades ago, "You are artist, not businessman". So I'd only scare you (and myself) if I worked it out, and then told you, how long each takes to complete :)
In other words you're making $.02 an hour, right?

·
Registered
3,426 Posts
So I'd only scare you (and myself) if I worked it out, and then told you, how long each takes to complete :)
That part makes me feel better. Although I've got many years of catching up on the leather working side. You've probably forgotten more about it than I'll ever get around to learning. lol I spent about 20 minutes looking at those holsters zoomed in really close. There's a lot to learn there. Beauties.

And as an artist, I can understand the fascination. :smile:

Reactions: rednichols

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
It's clear to see the artistic esthetic, but the perfection of function is also there. A great combination.
I'm already dreaming of mine!

·
Registered
859 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
It's clear to see the artistic esthetic, but the perfection of function is also there. A great combination.
I'm already dreaming of mine!
Shrike, yours is built and waiting for the railed 1911 casting that's on its way. You have ordered black but it will otherwise look quite like this lined Maltese Falcon model:

DSC_0010.jpg

·
Premium Member
5,611 Posts
GORGEOUS!!!!!! A very beautiful piece of leather indeed !!!

·
Registered
859 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
WOW! That's even better looking than the picture on the High Noon Website!
Pics of Shrike6's newly-completed holster, which he ordered in black for the railed 1911. Kanga lined. It's pictured with the blue gun used to mould it, but it passes through High Noon for t&e with a real railed 1911 before being released to Shrike6:

moller rail (1).jpg moller rail (2).jpg

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
Thank you Red! You have kept me in the loop, and up to date throughout the process.
It will be an honor and a pleasure to carry your holster "into harm's way".
Thanks for making such a fine holster for my sidearm.

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
And today I just got the shipping tracking email! Should be at my house on the 23rd. Unfortunately, I'm away for a couple days, so my wife will have to sign for it. It's gonna kill me knowing my holster is just sitting in the box at home waiting for me to get back!

·
Registered
859 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
That rail did change the geometry of fitting the holster to the pistol; so if it's not perfect for you, please be brutally honest.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts