Defensive Carry banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
41,613 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was getting a haircut today and the fellow next to me was an LEO. Someone mentioned Biden's suggestion for self-defense (firing to shots into the air) and the cop said he's arresting anyone who does that (We're inside city limits, by the way) for discharging a firearm in public. He futher explained that you can legally discharge a firearm on your private property, but unless you can show him proof the bullets/pellets stayed on your property, he's cuffing you.

I shot a bullet into the air, where it landed I know not where." Click-click. I couldn't disagree with that logic. Maybe he needs to talk with the VP.

·
Registered
Northwest Oregon
19,686 Posts
The first problem is firing two rounds in the air from a double barrel shotgun leaves you with an empty shotgun. The second problem is it will get you arrested where I live.

·
Banned
1,418 Posts
It is really amazing that a man who is so well educated and accomplished in life says some of the stupid things that Joe Joe does. I live in an urban area, if you fired any weapon into the air you would be virtually guaranteed to hit something or someone. Then the police would come and you would be arrested for at best Deadly Conduct (felony). A guy in Virginia a couple of weeks ago took Joe's advice when he thought his house was being broken into, he fired twice through the door. Turns out it was his neighbor coming to ask him a question. They arrested the guy for unlawful discharge of a firearm.

·
Registered
7,536 Posts
"Shotgun" Joe has a bad habit of engaging mouth before engaging brain! He has done it numberous times. You'd think he'd learn.:rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,199 Posts
Not sure I agree with his logic :embarassed:

I think he would need to prove it DIDNT stay on your property, not the other way around. Also, I would much rather see said rounds fly towards a threat than at some poor fruit bat who's just trying to help keep the mosquito population in check.

I guess if you want to get around his logic, just keep a bunch of lead shot in your pockets. "Here it is!"

·
Registered
215 Posts
I tend to think if you follow our VP's advise on most things you're either naive or have rocks in your head. But then what do i know....he's paid the big bucks and receives all them nice perks we'll never get.

·
Registered
41,613 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I don't know. I imagine a "reasonable person" would conclude that a "shot fired into the air" on the typical 85x125' lots here most likely didn't remain on the property without some evidence of a backstop or pit.

·
Registered
2,297 Posts
I think Joe would do well to take a page from Obama's playbook, and stick to reading from teleprompters and cue cards. Actually, on second thought, keep 'em comin', Joe! You're being very helpful to our side!

·
Registered
31 Posts
The more stupid people that Biden can get to shoot in the air and thru doors the more ammo the anti's will have against us. Sometimes it's the stupid sounding people that you have to be more afraid of, everybody just fluffs them off.

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
Back in the day when I was a young green Private on my first rotation to Afghanistan, my Platoon Sergeant explained to me what a warning shot was. He said "You shoot the front bad guy in the face, and that is a warning to the rest of them."

·
Premium Member
3,184 Posts
I read somewhere that the cops can't arrest you for that if you tell them that Uncle Joe said to do that.

·
Registered
9,955 Posts
Shotgun Joe's ignorance aside your LEO pal is as out in left field concerning his authority and lawful arrest powers as Shotgun Joe is about his SD advice.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Joe's advice is assinine. You are responsible for every shot, everytime you pull the trigger. Besides, everyone knows warning shots are to be aimed in the lung area.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts