Defensive Carry banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been lurking for quite some time, finally decided to post up.

Been carrying for quite some time, just recently (within the last 6 months) decided to get legal with a GA license. My carry is an H&K USP compact 45 that I have had for years. Never a problem; dead-nutz reliable and accurate!

Really opted to post up now since I gave my bride a pistol for our anniversary. She has been shooting for quite some time but she is the type that finds what she wants, saves and then goes and gets it. A weapon was another story- she'd never buy something of her own.

After 10 years of marriage, I finally figured I had built enough trust to give her a gun! :tongue: She wanted something small enough for her to carry comfortably but still formidable, so I got her a new Taurus P709 Slim 9mm. We headed to the range and, after a little tweaking and a couple hundred rounds had it dialed in. Excellent weapon that is surprisingly comfortable and accurate! I have to say that the Taurus of today is not the same that you may have found 10 years ago.

I have been active-duty Navy for close to 20 years as a Submarine Radioman and (more recently) an LDO. I also had the privilege of serving outside of my expertise with the Marines of 3/7 and 2/1 when I deployed as an EWO last year. Quite the culture shock but they took great care of me, especially since I was the "old-guy" and one of the few Navy guys around (other than a Doc).

Anyway, glad to find this place and look forward to the conversation and learning a thing or two!

v/r

Allen

·
Banned
13,684 Posts

·
Registered
4,469 Posts
Welcome from Va.

Thanks for your service.

·
Registered
4,465 Posts
Welcome from Central Texas!!!!!

·
Super Moderator
50,596 Posts
Welcome...

from Central Florida!

ret :31:

·
Registered
4,178 Posts
Welcome aboard from a retired Navy Vet.

·
Registered
3,604 Posts
Thanks for your service!

Welcome from Kansas!

joker1

·
Premium Member
5,765 Posts
Welcome from Texas! :wave:

·
Registered
3,873 Posts
Welcome!

·
Registered
11,431 Posts
Greetings from Rocky Top Tennessee

·
Premium Member
24,508 Posts
Welcome from Virginia, and from a military retiree, Thanks for your service.

·
Registered
10,807 Posts
Welcome from Alabama.

·
Registered
7,421 Posts
:022: from Ga. Welcome to DC

Thanks for your service to our country. :hand10:

:usa:

·
Registered