Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My wife was interviewed by the IA today which is probably the final step (of many) before issuance. She denied I was an axe murderer so I think I'm in: Livescan, psychological test & interview, three references, CCW class. It's been a year, but four months of that was waiting for Livescan results when the jail's computer had failed to submit my prints to the DOJ:frown:

Even with the 9th Circuit Court have overturned the original Peruta decision some good sheriffs are still issuing. What a relief.

·
Registered
1,659 Posts
I will keep my fingers crossed.:smile:

Let us know when...

·
Registered
835 Posts
My wife was interviewed by the IA today which is probably the final step (of many) before issuance. She denied I was an axe murderer so I think I'm in: Livescan, psychological test & interview, three references, CCW class. It's been a year, but four months of that was waiting for Livescan results when the jail's computer had failed to submit my prints to the DOJ:frown:

Even with the 9th Circuit Court have overturned the original Peruta decision some good sheriffs are still issuing. What a relief.
Wow you have to take an MMPI to get a permit in CA?

·
Premium Member
2,754 Posts
California is whacking down the "Approved Handgun List" so fast, by the time you get your permit there won't be any guns left to carry.

Reactions: Nmuskier

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The MMPI is "short form", only 550 questions:). And I already have two H&K P2000 V2 in 9mm for CCW. Love the trigger for the HD/SD application even though I shoot a 9mm 1911 in competition.

·
Registered
170 Posts

I am confused. You say you passed a mental evaluation yet you believe you will be issued a CCW in San Fransisco?

Did the aliens who abducted you tell you this?

Even if you had an immediate pressing need would that need still be valid after a year?

Just in case it's me and not you, please let me know if you get a CCW and how you got it. :smile:

Sam

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I am confused. You say you passed a mental evaluation yet you believe you will be issued a CCW in San Fransisco?

Did the aliens who abducted you tell you this?

Even if you had an immediate pressing need would that need still be valid after a year?

Just in case it's me and not you, please let me know if you get a CCW and how you got it. :smile:

Sam
San Franciso Bay (Area) encompasses a lot of counties, San Benito County among them. Even with the latest court ruling Sheriffs still have discretion. It's just that CCW is not a "right" (nor is OC). Now in Santa Clara County you've got to be politically connected.

·
Registered
210 Posts
If they keep infringing on our rights to carry for self preservation then at some point people will just carry without their permission.

·
Registered
455 Posts
San Franciso Bay (Area) encompasses a lot of counties, San Benito County among them. Even with the latest court ruling Sheriffs still have discretion. It's just that CCW is not a "right" (nor is OC). Now in Santa Clara County you've got to be politically connected.
Bay area must have expanded since I left Calif. I had always thought that the counties making up the bay area were, Alameda, Contra Costa, Marin, Napa, San Francisco, San Mateo, Santa Clara, Solano, and Sonoma. We always considered San Benito a rural ranching/farming county. A friend had a ranch down south of Hollister were we shot ground squirrels, he had a Calif. permit many years ago I believe. This was in the 70's and seems there wasn't much there then. Guess times are a changing. Good luck!.

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Bay area must have expanded since I left Calif. I had always thought that the counties making up the bay area were, Alameda, Contra Costa, Marin, Napa, San Francisco, San Mateo, Santa Clara, Solano, and Sonoma. We always considered San Benito a rural ranching/farming county. A friend had a ranch down south of Hollister were we shot ground squirrels, he had a Calif. permit many years ago I believe. This was in the 70's and seems there wasn't much there then. Guess times are a changing. Good luck!.
If my signature read (San Benito County) my whereabouts would be a mystery to most. Plus, if you could see the traffic headed north your rural image would be gone forever although there still is a lot of ag. As for the official bay area counties, I believe Napa issues, but most others don't.

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I'll be glad when I get out, but the Sheriff's office just came through:biggrin2: Process took 8 months plus an additional 4 when the jail messed up submitting my finger prints the first time around, but got the call this afternoon.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Im just glad I got out of Ca.
I lived there for 33-years. I had long guns, but only criminals and cops had pistols. I attended college in NY, and then relocated to MD upon graduation. I finally moved to a free state, and imagine my astonishment when I relocated and discovered that of the rest of the country actually had freedoms enumerated in the Constitution...

I love the weather, the beaches, and the women in California...but I am never going back!

·
Registered
65 Posts
I'll be glad when I get out, but the Sheriff's office just came through:biggrin2: Process took 8 months plus an additional 4 when the jail messed up submitting my finger prints the first time around, but got the call this afternoon.
I moved to GA and had my license in 10 days.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts