Defensive Carry banner

61 - 72 of 72 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Makes me wonder how Remington can go bankrupt during times like this. Also makes me wonder why these unemployed people don't start a ammo manufacturing business.

·
Registered
3,074 Posts
I was shopping for 130gr. 38 special FMJ. Took maybe a week. I found a suitable flavor and bought a case. SGAmmo.com. You just have to keep shopping with a few sights.

·
Registered
6,669 Posts
The Store has seen a HUGE SURGE in gun sales. We have NO Glocks, NO H&K guns (no more HKs until 2021) NO Defensive Shotguns ( Rems, Mossys, Benellis, etc) Very few Sigs right now. Enough Smiths for now...ARs in ANY Fashion are running wild again...
Personally, I've NEVER seen such a thing , EVEN in 2012 (Obama's Tenure ) it's never been this crazy....
Ammos... People are C R A Z Y right now.....The search for 9mm 223/556...380 is huge right now.....308 and 06 are in demand too. The phones run ALL DAY LONG from Open to Close with the same thing over and over again. Even 22LR is non-existent once again...
Friday was a Madhouse....July 4th, not so much, BUT I'm sure today (Sunday) has been crazy too.
Attitude?? Welll.......People are either scared stiff, Angry with what's ongoing, or prepping for the near future... OR all 3.....

·
Registered
4,024 Posts
Just got another 500 45acp and 1,000 357. No I don't really need more but, prices on those two were good enough to jump on. It never lasts more than a few hours tops so jump fast if you still need some.

·
Registered
1,328 Posts
Me and my wife went to town today to get some Barbecue, stop by Petsmart to get Gunner a bag of food and go to Academy to pick up some fishing supplies.

I moseyed on over to the gun section when she wasn't looking just for chits and giggles. Shelves were bare for handgun and rifle ammo as I expected. I dug around in the cases of shotgun ammo they have in the middle isle that they use to restock the shelves with. All you can see is 12 and 20 guage, # 7-1/2 and # 8 shot, but behind all that bird shot was 1case of 00 Buck Shot. SCORE!

I haven't seen 00 Buck around here for months. I grabbed up 3 boxes and made my way back to the Bass Assassins without her even noticing. That gives me 19 boxes of 00 Buck Shot in my stash. 😁

·
Registered
5,975 Posts
I agree completely on an ammo shortage of most common pistol calibers and .223/5.56. OTOH, there is a good supply of .22 mag and .17 hmr even the Walmarts in our area have those in stock. The only .22 mags I currently own are a Ruger Super Single Six and a Rossi bolt action. Some years back I had a Taurus 941 8 shot w/ a 3" bbl unfortunately it had to go back to Taurus for locking up. After dealing with Taurus CS I got rid of it! I may have to start looking for a .22 mag DA revolver, but it will not be a Taurus!(n)

Reactions: airslot

·
Registered
521 Posts
As a person who went the the range often, this really bums me out and put my "hobby" on hold.

One note I have observed. A few months ago I overheard a conversation between two people at the ammo isle on my LGS. They were there to pick up their pistol and were shopping ammo. To summarize, they were aghast at the cost of ammo in general, and walked out with 1 box of some FMJ. So, you have a new pistol you will use for defense, but you opt to buy the FMJ type because it's the cheapest. Sales guy told me it happens everyday, despite their recommendations about more "proper" defense ammo.

·
Registered
1,328 Posts
As a person who went the the range often, this really bums me out and put my "hobby" on hold.

One note I have observed. A few months ago I overheard a conversation between two people at the ammo isle on my LGS. They were there to pick up their pistol and were shopping ammo. To summarize, they were aghast at the cost of ammo in general, and walked out with 1 box of some FMJ. So, you have a new pistol you will use for defense, but you opt to buy the FMJ type because it's the cheapest. Sales guy told me it happens everyday, despite their recommendations about more "proper" defense ammo.

They don't know what they don't know. They just think a bullet is a bullet is a bullet.

Hopefully some of these new gun owners will try to get some kinda education on guns and ammo.

Most likely though, they'll buy a gun and a box of ammo (fmj) and put it away somewhere to never see the light of day again until all this blows over and the world is back to "normal" and they take it out of hiding to sell it or give it to their crazy uncle that hunts.

61 - 72 of 72 Posts