Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 115 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How much extra ammunition do you carry and how? 1 magazine, two, or more? :)

·
Registered
13 Posts
Depends.

Normally one on a belt. If I am using my shoulder holster I carry 2 extras. Back when I had a single stack I would carry 2 but now I have more ammo just carrying one extra mag in a double stack. :)

·
Administrator
143,468 Posts
2 extra

I usually always \"shoulder carry\" so...One in the pistol & two on the \"flip side\" to help balance out the rig.
3 mags total of .45 acp should get me through almost any defensive pinch. :D

·
Registered
484 Posts
One Clintonized, :)mad:) spare right now, when $ come back into my life, will get two standard cap mags and a nice paddle double mag pouch

·
Registered
75 Posts
I always carry 2 extra mags no matter which gun I\'m carrying.

·
Registered
370 Posts
Almost always two. But sometimes only just one.

In the SmartCarry, two are easy to carry on the offside pouch of my Security model belt. On those rare times when I\'m carrying IWB or in the pocket, only one mag.

If I carry the G26, I use G17 mags for the back-ups (generally giving me 45 rounds on my body). If I\'m carrying the G36, I use mags with the +1 Pearce extender (and the +10% Wolff mag springs)(giving me 21 rounds on me).

I\'ve thought about carrying the G18 mags, but I just keep them in my briefcase. If I need them . . . well, we\'re already in quite a mess. :)

·
Registered
20,046 Posts
One extra magazine near me, rarely on me unless I am in a questionable area, then I drop an extra magazine in the pocket.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I carry a Glock 22 with a 15 round capacity magazine, so 16 total. An extra magazine is carried depending upon what I am wearing and, really, my mood. Hard to explain. When I do carry an extra, it, too, is 15 rounds. However, I *always* have at least one extra in my car.

Brandon

·
Registered
57 Posts
Seven in the grip, one in the chamber, two more clips in the pocket. Better to have em and not need em than to need them and not have em.:kay:

May God bless,
Dwight

·
Registered
1,746 Posts
When CCW I rarely carry a spare mag/speedloader on me. I will usually have something extra in a briefcase/bag or the the car, but for typical CCW events the reload issue is pretty much a non-issue.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Always two at the least.

1 - 20 of 115 Posts