Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
Nice pistol, bordom and youtube....a potent combo.

·
Premium Member
2,652 Posts
Nice looking for sure, but are those cut-outs in the slide simply for looks or weight reduction? BTW: You did a really good job with your the Mac.

·
Premium Member
5,765 Posts
Very nice...Great lookin' 1911...

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Nice looking for sure, but are those cut-outs in the slide simply for looks or weight reduction? BTW: You did a really good job with your the Mac.
First Is was for looks to show of the highly polish nickle Teflon barrel!

And weight reduction was a bonus.

That is the number one question regarding this gun.

·
Premium Member
2,652 Posts
I almost dropped the envelope in the mail for a Wilson Combat ‘Sentinel ‘ that sorta kinda reminds me of your 1911. However, I simply got cold feet with the cost but I still have the requisition just in case. Anyway, your piece is very impressive.

·
Super Moderator
50,610 Posts
Very nice looking pistola!:hand10::yup::image035:

·
Premium Member
7,703 Posts
That's so dang beautiful! :bier:

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
I like it stock, w/o the wrap around grips. I'm not a fan of the mods you have chosen, and I've kept my mouth shut until now. Please stop new posts on this old pistol. ....PLEASE...

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I like it stock, w/o the wrap around grips. I'm not a fan of the mods you have chosen, and I've kept my mouth shut until now. Please stop new posts on this old pistol. ....PLEASE...
I thought the Video came out cool.

Stock Defender has a "PLASTIC" main spring housing (YUCK)

I can appreciate you not liking the final "LOOK" of the gun but every mod created a much more reliable & comfortable version of a stock defender.

It is the "Cat's Meow" of Mods. Barring the cosmetic slide work (which is or course subjective) who can argue that ED BROWN Everything, Wolff Springs and a faster easier to load Magwell dont improve this gun? Not to mention the fine tuning of an expert gunsmith!

·
Registered
195 Posts
+1

+1:hand1:

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
I like it! Is it reliable? I don't trust them shorties after a nightmare with a SA Champion and my buds Defender which was another nightmare 1911.

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
I thought the Video came out cool.

Stock Defender has a "PLASTIC" main spring housing (YUCK)

I can appreciate you not liking the final "LOOK" of the gun but every mod created a much more reliable & comfortable version of a stock defender.

It is the "Cat's Meow" of Mods. Barring the cosmetic slide work (which is or course subjective) who can argue that ED BROWN Everything, Wolff Springs and a faster easier to load Magwell dont improve this gun? Not to mention the fine tuning of an expert gunsmith!
You're right, and I apologize. I came off like a tool.

The video does look good, you paid a lot of money for the Defender and deserve to be proud and show it off.

I'm glad you ended up with a reliable pistol, and hope you only use it at the range.

Good day, and God Bless.
KRK

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I like it! Is it reliable? I don't trust them shorties after a nightmare with a SA Champion and my buds Defender which was another nightmare 1911.
I believe I had one FTE with a Speer Gold Dot. I haven't experimented with much hollow point ammo. Ball will run all day long and very tight groups. Over 1000 rounds without a hic-up!

1 - 20 of 35 Posts