Defensive Carry banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone else having priblems with the site being slow to load or freezing? Has been slow for a couple of months now. I am using on Samsung S7.
Thanks

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
Cannot say I've had any problems in the past weeks.

·
Premium Member
3,704 Posts
Anyone else having priblems with the site being slow to load or freezing? Has been slow for a couple of months now. I am using on Samsung S7.
Thanks
Could be a number of possible reasons.

1. Too many App services running in the background at startup.

2. Not enough memory

3. Junk in the cache

4. SD card needs to be refreshed

I don't use a phone or tablet for browsing but those are the most common problems with Android phones.

·
Premium Member
4,459 Posts
No problems here thank goodness. I don't know how to fix any of the above.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Could be a number of possible reasons.

1. Too many App services running in the background at startup.

2. Not enough memory

3. Junk in the cache

4. SD card needs to be refreshed

I don't use a phone or tablet for browsing but those are the most common problems with Android phones.
Thanks for the advice, but none of the above applies. All fine on my end, no other sites are slow.

·
Registered
10,638 Posts
No problems where I live and we get our internet from an antennae up on the mountain about 8 miles away.

·
Premium Member
3,704 Posts
Thanks for the advice, but none of the above applies. All fine on my end, no other sites are slow.
As a test you might change to a different browser just when visiting DC. If you notice any difference then there could be some code (from an Ad or somewhere in the DC software engine) that is incompatible with your browser. Maybe not but might be worth a quick try.

·
Super Moderator
22,266 Posts
No problems here.

·
Super Moderator
50,609 Posts
No problems here either, but occasional slow-downs here are usually attributed to my I-net provider, which effects everything, not just DC:computer::rant:

·
Administrator
144,127 Posts
Here Verizon tends to slow up on the hour....certain hours.

Like 12:00 Noon, 9:00 PM

It might not be a nationwide thing but, it happens here in my area.

·
Registered
3,138 Posts
My I phone loads this sight slow at times. I think AT & T forgot to feed the squirrels that power thier equipment.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts