Defensive Carry banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
1943 - 2009
10,368 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As I mentioned in my previous thread on my new Colt Combat Elite, I planned to replace the factory rubber wrap-around grips with wood stocks. Well, here they are.

The stocks are cocobolo, done in the half-checkered style, bought from www.woodgrips.com. Price was $39.95, plus $1.00 shipping. Delivery time was 4 days. The fit, finish and checkering are what I would call flawless. I can highly recommend this company.

I also installed an ambidextrous thumb safety that had been gathering dust in my parts box for a couple of years, waiting for a stainless steel frame to put it on.

·
Super Moderator
22,275 Posts
Nice! :hand10:

·
1943 - 2009
10,368 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Bruce, you're a good man!:image035:

I don't care what Chris says about ya!:haha:

·
Premium Member
25,481 Posts
Haha - yeah Bruce is OK Crunch :18: Thx Bruce for the pic tweaks - I would have done same otherwise - does help show those grips better.

Those look great and I daresay the pics still do not do the color full justice. Cocobolo's do have lovely color.

·
1943 - 2009
10,368 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Chris,

Yep, Bruce done good, all right!:congrats:

I would have tweaked the pics myself if I'd known this morning when I posted them what I know tonite. I was playing around with my Kodak Easy-Share program this evening & figured out how to enhance the contrast/brightness.

Oh, well, live and learn:rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,752 Posts
very nice piece indeed....

·
Premium Member
2,355 Posts
Nice, bet they feel as good as they look (the mrs knows I'm not talking trash) I'm for anything that starts with coco :)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts