Defensive Carry banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anybody use the holster that came with the gun?
I really do not like IWB types because I do not want to go out and spend hundreds of dollars on all new pants to make them fit and would like to know if this
will be good for CC?
Thanks!

·
Premium Member
2,939 Posts
If it's the belt holster, I don't recommend it. The belt holster that came with mine doesn't hold tight to the body.

If it's the paddle holster like the ones that may come with the XDm (I think), that works well IMO with a good cover shirt.

Again, if it's the standard belt holster, don't count on it working well.

·
Registered
54 Posts
xd factory holster

well, might went directly to the trash. what a pos. it sits too far from your body and has poor retention of the weapon.

·
Registered
366 Posts
If it's the belt holster, I don't recommend it. The belt holster that came with mine doesn't hold tight to the body.

If it's the paddle holster like the ones that may come with the XDm (I think), that works well IMO with a good cover shirt.

Again, if it's the standard belt holster, don't count on it working well.
+1 i agree.....

when i contacted springfield and told them that i was left handed they shipped me a left handed holster and it was the pancake one, which i was really glad they did... love it.

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
Go to "gunners alley" and get a Don Hume IWB leather holster. Fits the XD very well, large "C" clamp, reinforced mouth for stability and easy reholster, and $26!

Then you can decide on a custom if you wish. My custom choice is T&T Gunleather.

·
Registered
1,572 Posts
IMO, it's too floppy and leans away from the body too much for CC.

I use mine on occasion when at the informal range and need to stow the gun, but I feel much better with my Crossbreed Supertuck for IWB or my Blackhawk Serpa for OWB.

If you are trying to avoid IWB, check out the Serpa, it has great retention and pulls the gun in reasonbly close to the body, all in all a big improvement over the XD gear holster.

·
Registered
720 Posts
I find the retention to be fine, [it is adjustable] but isn't substantial enough to keep the weapon pulled in close enough for effective concealed carry.

I will use it sparingly until I get a custom maker's product.

·
Registered
52 Posts
throw it away, I got a sherpa blachhawk for holster carrry.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts