Defensive Carry banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
631 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I love all the names of things that can go wrong with semi autos. That being said, I converted a Glock 21 to 460 Rowland, and have been having issues where the slide on the gun needs to go forward another 1/8th of an inch for the trigger to reset. I've looked at a few things such as the ammo's overall length, having a firmer grip, cleaned the gun, tried different magazines. All have helped a little bit. Someone mentioned that polishing the feed ramp could help.

The glock 20 (10mm) I have took about 500 rounds, and changing the brand of bullet I was loading to get 100% reliability. It used to stove pipe all the time, especially with Berry's bullets. I switched to HSM and the last 100 or so rounds have been trouble free. It seems like the 460 Rowland prefers the XTPs over the round nose Hornady bullets.

Any suggestions to help the gun go into battery would be welcomed, along with any criticism since I have no choice anyways. Thanks

·
Premium Member
36,731 Posts
I love all the names of things that can go wrong with semi autos. That being said, I converted a Glock 21 to 460 Rowland, and have been having issues where the slide on the gun needs to go forward another 1/8th of an inch for the trigger to reset. I've looked at a few things such as the ammo's overall length, having a firmer grip, cleaned the gun, tried different magazines. All have helped a little bit. Someone mentioned that polishing the feed ramp could help.

The glock 20 (10mm) I have took about 500 rounds, and changing the brand of bullet I was loading to get 100% reliability. It used to stove pipe all the time, especially with Berry's bullets. I switched to HSM and the last 100 or so rounds have been trouble free. It seems like the 460 Rowland prefers the XTPs over the round nose Hornady bullets.

Any suggestions to help the gun go into battery would be welcomed, along with any criticism since I have no choice anyways. Thanks
Does it do it during the cycling operation, or just when you rack the slide on a fresh mag?

·
Registered
631 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
cycling operation. One thing I forgot to mention was adding a little bit of a crimp on 460R casings is supposed to help

·
Premium Member
5,957 Posts
Try a fresh recoil spring or a slightly heavier one.
That was my thought as well. If everything else moves smoothly, it sounds like the recoil spring doesn't have enough juice to bring everything back together.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts