Defensive Carry banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Banned
1,550 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I took this from one of the gun catalogs at teh local gun shop, now I have yet to see a XSE with a 2 cut trigger and a bevertail grip saftey, what gives?

·
Registered
42 Posts
Prices and specifications subject to change without notice.............

·
Premium Member
25,483 Posts
Certainly could have been ''shopped'' but that would make for fraudulent advertizing - unless of course it is actually genuine.

Wonder how you could find out.

·
Banned
1,550 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
I tell ya, for the last 4 months I have searched the XSE line of Colt pistols and haven't seen one like this. I e-mail Colt and sent them the ad, I wonder what they will say? Maybe they will send me a gift cert for $950 cause I found a "false" advertisement?? But proboly not.

·
Premium Member
25,483 Posts
Hehe - Bruce - dreams are made in heaven dude :biggrin:

·
Registered
394 Posts
False Advertisement??[ or just bad proof reading? ]

Quote: "now I have yet to see a XSE with a 2 cut trigger and a bevertail grip saftey, what gives?" // The pistol in the picture is a XS, not an XSE. I have one, left to me by a shooting buddy who passed on a couple of years ago. It had the two cut trigger, and the beavertail Colt used on the early ones was the Caspian Speed Bump. [dorsal fin style ]. I think I'm the only person to like that grip safety.

·
Registered
394 Posts
Had to go online to get this pic. Hope this upload works

·
Registered
394 Posts
"So even if that is the old style XS, then it is still false advertising right?' Probably just an honest mistake at the non-gun printers.
[ "Duh,hey dis is what a Colt looks like, right?"]

·
Registered
394 Posts
Wow! Bruce, see Team's post in "CCGuns". I'm confused, his XSE looks identical to my XS and the one in the ad.

·
Banned
1,550 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yeah, I just saw that and replied to it, the best way to tell is the rear sight I guess, and I can't see it clear enough in his pics.

·
Premium Member
25,483 Posts
KC - I took it to be a possible case of concern over misrepresentation of a specific model - re the seeming pic inconsistency.

·
Banned
1,550 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
KC135 said:
Perhaps I am dumb, but I miss the whole point of the thread.
:confused: How could you miss it, I stated in the beginning that the gun in the pic wasn't the gun it is spusto be.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts