Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 70 Posts

·
Registered
8,064 Posts
Did we quit when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor?
And that starts what I think is one of the most rapid strings of memorable one-liners ever:

(Germans?) Forget it. He's rolling.

Bulto's right. Psychotic, but absolutely right.

I think that this situation absolutely requires a really futile and stupid gesture be done on somebody's part. And we're just the guys to do it.

·
Registered
3,320 Posts
You'll get points if you finish this one!

What in the Wide, Wide World of Sports is agoing on here? I sent you boys out here to build a railroad........

:rofl:

·
Registered
6,729 Posts
"I'll be Bach...You be Beethoven."

No, that isn't the way it goes!
@CWOUSCG Aha "Blazing Saddles" The movie where every other word is banned in our "woke" world!

But I still love this one:

·
Registered
6,729 Posts
I forgot another...

Ahhhaa....maaaaannnnn, @KILTED COWBOY you rascal, you just had to start this didn't ya?

·
Registered
200 Posts
“- Colonel Meyers: I had a rifle company in the 1st Battalion and 7th in '68.
- Highway: Well, we sure as hell chewed some of the same dirt, sir.
- Colonel Meyers: That's for sure. What's your assessment of this exercise?
- Highway: It's a cluster ****.”
RICHARD VENTURE - Colonel Meyers
CLINT EASTWOOD - Highway

·
Registered
Various
15,510 Posts
Survival kit contents check. In them you'll find: one .45-caliber automatic, two boxes ammunition, four days' concentrated emergency rations, one drug issue containing antibiotics, morphine, vitamin pills, pep pills, sleeping pills, tranquilizer pills, one miniature combination "Rooshin" phrase book and Bible, one hundred dollars in rubles, one hundred dollars in gold, nine packs of chewing gum, one issue of prophylactics, three lipsticks, three pair of nylon stockings... Shoot, a fella could have a pretty good weekend in Vegas with all that stuff! Major Kong - Dr. Strangelove

·
Registered
8,064 Posts
Some movie quotes are situation-dependent. One of the favorite movies of Navy tactical aviators is "The Bridges at Toko-Ri" starring William Holden, set in the Korean War. A great quote we liked was delivered by Fredric March, playing the character of Rear Adm. George Tarrant.

"Where do we get such men? They leave this ship and they do their job. Then they must find this speck lost somewhere on the sea. When the find it they have to land on its pitching deck. Where do we get such men?"

So the way we flipped that around was when anyone in the squadron would do something really stupid, we would say sardonically, "Where do we get such men?"

·
Registered
33,909 Posts
One of my favorites from Michael:

"That was around the time I invented standing in line."

'You invented standing in line?'

"Before everybody milled around. It was a mess.

So one day I said, "Why not make a line?"

To this day, whenever I'm stuck in a line, I tell The Boss, "I invented lines. Big mistake."

She gets it; no one else in line does.

1 - 20 of 70 Posts