·
Registered
10,309 Posts
That was impressive.

Reactions: dp1911

·
Registered
642 Posts
You gotta know that a LEO is trained to stop lethal force, what was going through that guys mind, death by cop?

·
Premium Member
36,784 Posts
That was some nice police work right there. It's good to see in light of incidents which are much more publicized.

·
Registered
11,157 Posts
Nice burst fire by the leo. Perfect example of the "shoot them to the ground" mentality.
It worked as intended. The threat stopped....I still hold to that mentality.....

·
Registered
11,626 Posts
Did I understand the story right that the officer who had the bodycam was shooting the suspect's gun? If so, that is even more impressive...unfamiliar weapon.

·
Registered
3,866 Posts
One dead mutt in muttville.

The world moves on w/o Nicholas Sanchez.

·
Banned
1,995 Posts
That sounded like 10 Lawyers worth right there..........so if the officer had the assailants gun in hand and shot him with his own weapon.....wasn't the threat gone.....Whoa, he emptied the mag.

·
Banned
3,890 Posts

·
Banned
1,995 Posts
.....looks like after the weapon was taken, should have been a foot chase..... just sayin'.....Hmmm....Grand Jury.

·
Banned
3,890 Posts
.....looks like after the weapon was taken, should have been a foot chase..... just sayin'.....Hmmm....Grand Jury.
I'm not so sure.....after watching the video 4 times I don't think that the guy was in a mood to run........just sayin :embarassed:...

Reactions: Chicagobill

·
Banned
1,995 Posts
Once he was disarmed during the scuffle....who shot ? One of the LEO's....? Then the other unloaded on this guy with his weapon....looked like he had his back turned to the LEO's.....I dunno....this got messy real fast with the LEO on tape sayin' he shot him with his own gun.

Reactions: Chicagobill

·
Banned
3,890 Posts
Once he was disarmed during the scuffle....who shot ? One of the LEO's....? Then the other unloaded on this guy with his weapon....looked like he had his back turned to the LEO's.....I dunno....this got messy real fast with the LEO on tape sayin' he shot him with his own gun.
Uh, armed convicted felon who is reaching for a loaded firearm and attempting to escape after being ordered to stop and put up his hands? How does any officer know he doesn't have a bug or knife etc.? The perp had a loaded weapon when he is prohibited AND the clear choice to surrender and be taken into custody without any threat of injury. So he chose wrong.

There was no clear break in the continuity of the action and the perps behavior to cause the officers to re-assess. Had he put his hands up or made any motions to indicate surrender you might have a point. He clearly did not.

·
Banned
1,995 Posts
Couldn't tell if he was reaching for it or he haphazardly lifted his shirt and exposed it to LE.......before he took off....the officers grabbed, scuffled with him and disarmed him....then it appears he was gunned down....I dunno....messy.

·
Registered
4,479 Posts
Hard to tell from the video which gun was used or why. Perhaps things will become more clear as the investigation progresses.

Reactions: AzQkr

·
Banned
1,995 Posts
IMO.....can't see it being too good when the LEO is stating he shot him with his own gun after he took it...Hmmm.
Maybe if the perp was shot during the scuffle / CQB with his own gun....but, but, but he was shot across the parking lot...and maybe even in the back...I dunno.....messy!

·
Registered
292 Posts
My take on it was that the BG's gun went off some small number of times - 1 to 3 during the scuffle and then the other officer mag dumped his own gun thinking his partner had been shot at/not knowing who had control of that gun. Not sure if that makes things better, worse or no change. Just the impression I got from reading some of the coverage.

·
Banned
1,995 Posts
My take on it was that the BG's gun went off some small number of times - 1 to 3 during the scuffle and then the other officer mag dumped his own gun thinking his partner had been shot at/not knowing who had control of that gun.
That's the $$$$$$$ question ?

1 - 20 of 158 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.