Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I turned in my my papers on Dec 11, and got my NV (Clark County resident) permit on the 23rd! At first when I saw the envelope so early, I figured there was a problem (likely owing to foreign residence and/or foreign military service, even though I'm a born American with dual nationality). Then I bent the envelope a little, and distinctly felt a stiff card in there :D

Have any other Vegas residents gotten this kind of turn-around? Metro already had my prints and lack of criminal record checked out, at least up to 2004...maybe this sped up the process?

·
Registered
295 Posts
Mine took 34 days in 2007. I'm due for a renewal so I have to go there next week to turn the paperwork in. I'm glad it's still fast.

·
Registered
191 Posts
mine took 4 months... I had to go down and say .. what up ??? they had questions , but forgot to notify me...

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
I turned in my my papers on Dec 11, and got my NV (Clark County resident) permit on the 23rd! At first when I saw the envelope so early, I figured there was a problem (likely owing to foreign residence and/or foreign military service, even though I'm a born American with dual nationality). Then I bent the envelope a little, and distinctly felt a stiff card in there :D

Have any other Vegas residents gotten this kind of turn-around? Metro already had my prints and lack of criminal record checked out, at least up to 2004...maybe this sped up the process?
I am from MD and I got mine on the 23rd as well. I applied Dec 2nd when I was in town visiting a friend who retired in LV. I took the class from Kurt Gepke. I am from MD so the speed with which LVMPD handled this was just excellent.

22 days ain't bad especially for a non resident permit. NV was the fastest so far. My VA permit took 30 days. UT was 55.

:santaclaus:

·
Registered
5 Posts

I got turned on to this site from my motorcycle board and I too turned in my paperwork on the 11th!! It IS a smalll world!! Hope I can get mine soon!!

mattbcnv:danceban:

·
Super Moderator
50,609 Posts
Congrats on that new permit...11 days, not bad.:hand10:

·
Registered
3,872 Posts
Congratulations and welcome to the forum!!! :congrats::danceban:

·
Registered
295 Posts
I am from MD and I got mine on the 23rd as well. I applied Dec 2nd when I was in town visiting a friend who retired in LV. I took the class from Kurt Gepke. I am from MD so the speed with which LVMPD handled this was just excellent.

22 days ain't bad especially for a non resident permit. NV was the fastest so far. My VA permit took 30 days. UT was 55.

:santaclaus:
I took my renewal with Kurt Gepke too.

·
Registered
2,461 Posts
Earlier this year my permit also arrived 34 days after I submitted the paperwork. It's nice to receive your permit in a reasonable amount of time. Welcome to our forum from a fellow Vegas permit holder!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks for the warm welcome, and it's nice to see other Valley dwellers here! So far, I'm batting 100% carry when I leave the house (all two days now, heh) :) The only problem I'm going to have maintaining this record is work...no weapons allowed in the office, and 80% of the time I commute on my motorcycle, so nowhere to safely lock it up during the day. I'd be tempted to just stick it in my backpack, but it'd be irresponsible in the extreme to risk my family's livelihood on the off-chance someone gets nosy. I suppose short of lobbying to get this rule changed, there's not much to do but keep my nose clean (or get a much smaller gun for pocket CC ;)).

·
Banned
226 Posts
Got mine a year ago, and it took about that long (or short)..:danceban:

·
Registered
104 Posts
I took my renewal with Kurt Gepke too.
We are heading down at the end of the month from snowy, cold, Toronto. I'd like to get my NEV permit non-res while I'm in town so if anyone might send me Kurt Gepke's information I would be grateful. I'd like to take the course one day and visit the sheriff the next day (if that's the way it works). I am a dualie as well and we are coming down to take a look at some retirement properties although we are a good 5 years away from retirement I think. Want a place where the kids and grandkids (someday) can get to cheaply and so its either Vegas or Orlando. I prefer Nevada.

Anyone got any suggestions on the closest point I can visit to get my Arizona permit as well. I am a bit of a permit hog until we get a mandatory reciprocity law in place, like Drivers Licenses. For sure I need NEV as I don't have a permit recognized in NEV any longer.

Comments?

·
Registered
1,614 Posts
Congratulations, you had an incredible turn around time. Mine took 90 days back in Early 2006. and Clark County has a reputation for not only taking the full 120 days allowed by state law, and frequently exceeding that, with a "What are you going to do about it attitude." I'm happy to see that the lag time has improved so much.

·
Registered
4,157 Posts
Applied for my no res on Nov 10th, approved on Nov 23, Rec'd on the 15th (I think) I posted it when I got it. Took my class with Kurt as well.

We are heading down at the end of the month from snowy, cold, Toronto. I'd like to get my NEV permit non-res while I'm in town so if anyone might send me Kurt Gepke's information I would be grateful ...
Kurt is a member here, though he does not post much.

Home Page

Give him a call or email, let him know you are a member here on DC.com (not sure if it will do you any good, but worth mentioning) and he will fill you in. Chances are real good that all you need to do is tell him when you will be in town, and he'll get you set up for a one - on - one class, or for you and the SO.

·
Registered
7,421 Posts
:congrats: 11 days, that's gotta be some kinda record. :hand10:

·
Registered
20 Posts
We are heading down at the end of the month from snowy, cold, Toronto. I'd like to get my NEV permit non-res while I'm in town so if anyone might send me Kurt Gepke's information I would be grateful. I'd like to take the course one day and visit the sheriff the next day (if that's the way it works). I am a dualie as well and we are coming down to take a look at some retirement properties although we are a good 5 years away from retirement I think. Want a place where the kids and grandkids (someday) can get to cheaply and so its either Vegas or Orlando. I prefer Nevada.

Anyone got any suggestions on the closest point I can visit to get my Arizona permit as well. I am a bit of a permit hog until we get a mandatory reciprocity law in place, like Drivers Licenses. For sure I need NEV as I don't have a permit recognized in NEV any longer.

Comments?
Howdy guys. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

Torontogunguy,
I can hook you up, bro. Just give me a call when you know what your schedule will be and I'll make it happen for you. You can reach me at 702.5880.2781 or via e-mail at [email protected]

I hope everyone is well and had a great Christmas.

Cheers,

Kurt

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I'm still blown away at how fast they processed my app...the only thing I can think that might have helped was in 2004 they printed and backgrounded me for a non-gaming work card...so maybe they only had to clear me for the last 5 years. Or maybe having a very unique name helps as well? I'm positive they didn't check on my overseas addresses, maybe they just checked passport entry/exit records and verified I had checked out for a number of years? I'm awfully curious...but very grateful, like Squawker mentioned, I was fully prepared for them to take their 120 days or longer, because they so often do.

Now that I've CC'd while out and about, doing mundane and everyday things, I don't know how I lived without it here in the valley of the senselessly aggressive and road-ragey drivers, and sizable freaky and often desperate population. I'll definitely be hitting the range more frequently...

·
Registered
176 Posts
I just renewed my Nevada resident and I turned my paperwork in in Dec. 2nd, and received my permit today Dec. 30. Pretty fast turn around I would think.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts