Defensive Carry banner

41 - 57 of 57 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,145 Posts
being diabetic you either change or die quicker
That is absolutely true, but so many people choose to eat themselves to death.

There are a few at our sportsman club who are really great guys (and one or two of the women also) who keep getting sicker and sicker, carry oxygen tanks, take increased amounts of insulin, and still stuff their faces with the most fattening things possible. You can sure loose your taste for fried chicken, corn, mashed potatoes and mac and cheese if you have to sit at a table and watch those guys stuff their faces as fast as they can shove it in!

One woman who used to play bridge in the group I did refused to change her eating habits, even as she lost more toes every couple years and could barely walk. She died after several years of pain and misery - but she kept eating the same way.

Enough for that. @subhuman -- I'm super proud of you. What would the evil pawn shop do if you didn't take care of yourself and stay around for a long time? Not to mention that we here would miss you like crazy also. Well, at least some of us.

·
Registered
6,779 Posts
Shucks....I thought this thread was about "Fat Boys".

5432ebd169bedd4458d2a55d.jpg

Old truth. Fat Boys can be exceedingly dangerous!

·
Registered
5,973 Posts
At my healthiest I weighed 145 and was 5'7". [I kept growing till I was in my late 20's] Currently I'm 5'9" and 220.[down from 240]. My target weight is 180.
I dropped the first 20 lbs pretty easily by just cutting out soda's. Now I need to work on portion control. At 60 weight does not come off as fast as it used to! When I was younger I had trouble keeping weight on! DR

·
Super Moderator
23,230 Posts
Wow. 🤩 🤩 🤩

I am freaking impressed by this thread! I know we’ve all had challenges, some past, and some current, but ya’ll amaze me! As an ex-smoker and an ex-alcoholic, so many comments ring so true!

What helped Nancy (an Ex-smoker too) and I was eliminating:

Snacking (we were both CONSTANT snackers);

Pop (her); and

Processed food​

We have also been fasting intermittently for about 18 months. We were using a three hour window for much of that, but our habits changed a bit with an ulcer showing up, and buffering that requires some additional work.

Not to worry, but I am down about 50 pounds now, her about the same, with a bit more to go.

Now, I am sharing this for one reason. One reason only. We wanted to watch our grandchildren grow up. We quit smoking 11 years ago. Our oldest granddaughter is now 10. We have two others (8 and 1) and we’ll get to spoil them too.

Decide what you want for the future. You can achieve that!

I’ll bet you’ll do great, as will others! Just keep us posted, so we can share in your success or encourage you if needed.

By the way, I do like your M1A. 😀

·
Registered
3,070 Posts
My wife and I tried everything and nothing seemed to work except keto. It was a miracle for us.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
If you have found something that works for you, excellent. Know one is the same and has to try what will work for them. I tell alcoholics all the time, I can relate to your problems. I am addicted to food. I can do good for a while. Get me near a Pizza and I’ll eat all I can stuff in me. Pastry I don’t want to talk about it. Etc. Every day is a struggle. I just try to keep walking and stick to Weight Watchers as close as I can. It’s worked for going on ten years now. But like I say, it’s a none stop struggle.

·
Registered
418 Posts
Take your doc's definitions with a grain of salt. Standard measures such as BMI (body mass index) make NO allowance for body shape (somatotype). I'm mesomorphic with a 48" chest and 35" waist
I took my measurements today.6 ft tall, 48" chest and 36.5" waist. I hate having to buy 38" waist jeans but it does work out well for IWB carry....

I also have issues with my calves. Right now they are right at 18" and they have gotten smaller than they were. Not bike riding or exercising as much.
Mostly just walking. Be 55 this year.

·
Registered
1,191 Posts
If you have found something that works for you, excellent. Know one is the same and has to try what will work for them. I tell alcoholics all the time, I can relate to your problems. I am addicted to food. I can do good for a while. Get me near a Pizza and I’ll eat all I can stuff in me. Pastry I don’t want to talk about it. Etc. Every day is a struggle. I just try to keep walking and stick to Weight Watchers as close as I can. It’s worked for going on ten years now. But like I say, it’s a none stop struggle.
Agree. Like I said, we tried a LOT of other diets and stuff and none of them worked. Well body for life worked well but after the 12 week challenge you feel “victory” but then it’s over. Diets should not be “challenges” or diets. They should be lifestyle changes. By all means, whatever works for someone is great. MY PERSONAL choice was keto. Foods are great, easy to eat on the go if need be and when you eat a lot of fats, you stay full all of the time and without blood sugar crashes, no shakes. It’s worked amazing for me and many more BUT some hate it. Worth a try!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
33,980 Posts
Me before Keto-
th (5).jpg

Me after Keto-
OIP (8).jpg

Diets never work...:rolleyes:

Reactions: justahunter and PEF

·
Premium Member
33,776 Posts
I cracked 177 pounds yesterday. A few more pounds and I'm there. Not sure what happens then.

Reactions: Arejay
41 - 57 of 57 Posts